"FORT STEVENS - GUARDIANS OF COLUMBIA" Fort Stevens State Park by mtncorg
Fort Stevens State Park Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 69 photos
Fort Stevens State Park boasts Oregon’s - and one of the nation’s - largest public campgrounds with room for almost 500 trailers/RV’s. There are 19 tent sites , 15 yurts and another area reserved for hikers and bikers taking part in the Oregon Coast trail - see Cachaseiro’s bike journey for an example of such a venture.
What makes Fort Stevens so popular is the mix of activities people can do here: beaches, wildlife, ship watching and history all beckon. There is plenty of other places to visit in the area when you run out of things to do here, as well. Fort Stevens is one of the twelve sites that make up the new Lewis and Clark National Historic Park. To visit the park for the day costs $3 which is payable at the parking lot machines - a $25 annual park pass, good for all Oregon State Parks is available as well. The Lewis and Clark NHP website also makes mention of either an annual Oregon Coast Pass, good for entry, parking and day use at all State and Federal sites along the Oregon Coast for $35 (expires every 31 December of the year purchased) and also a 5-day pass for $10.
Hit the season right anywhere in this section of the World and a mycological heaven is revealed. The number of species... more travel advice
At the Spit’s end, part of the sands curl back from the South Jetty towards the original Point Adams upon which Fort... more travel advice
mtncorg's Related Pages
Fort Stevens State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "FORT STEVENS - GUARDIANS OF COLUMBIA"
- "Flat Ocean Peninsula is Popular Place"
- "Ft. Stevens State Park - The Best in USA"
- "Fort Stevens"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Stevens State Park
- Hotels in Fort Stevens State Park
- Restaurants in Fort Stevens State Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Fort Stevens State Park
- 13 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (86)
Have you been to Fort Stevens State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Stevens State Park
Photos in Fort Stevens State ParkSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park Intro, 61 reviews, 205 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg National Military Park Intro, 52 reviews, 205 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oregon Intro, 67 reviews, 168 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 63 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 43 reviews, 145 photos
- Turkey Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pennsylvania Intro, 34 reviews, 122 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 56 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos