Crater Lake National Park Warnings Or Dangers Tips by mtncorg Top 5 Page for this destination
Crater Lake National Park Warnings and Dangers: 7 reviews and 8 photos
Conifer pollen along lakeshore - Cleetwood Cove
The waters of Crater Lake are some of the clearest in the World. There are very few impurities within its waters - also no outlets and the water is from snow and rain. Deep blue colors are due to the Lake's depth. Of the visual spectrum, only the deep blue wavelengths are scattered back to the surface; all other wavelengths are absorbed in the depths.
Mid summer finds huge amounts of pollen alot from the vast surrounding coniferous forests. Evidence of the procreative attempts of the trees is found on the Lake surface where yellowish ribbons can even be seen from the Rim above.
Breaking the Rules?
Birds and animals are a part of the natural ecosystem and you are not supposed to feed them. Depencency on human food might lead the animal to not being able to survive the long winter, though, with the abundance of squirrels and Clark nutcrackers at Rim Village, you might think that is a moot point.
This lady is to be excused as she is German and I didn't translate all of the rules to her :-/
Somebody is hungry?
The Clark's Nutcracker is a pretty little bird that is probably bolder, in general, thatn even a blue jay, which says quite a lot. They will fly down to your hand in the remotest backcountry to take a nut. Here, in Rim Village, they have no fear whatsoever. But the rules are, you are not to feed them, so if there is a Ranger or Mrclay2000 around, put your gorp away.
This couple is to be excused as they are German and I still did not translate all of the rules! ;-}
Over August snows from atop Garfield Peak
Snow can lie across the Rim Drive until very late in the season. Seasons can also change very quickly up here. One day, it will be warm and sunny and the next day, someone turns the switch and winter is back again.
mtncorg's Related Pages
Crater Lake National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Crater Lake National Park Page"
- "Crater Lake National Park"
- "Reflections of Crater Lake"
- "The purest body of water in the world!"
- "Crater Lake is Oregon's 'National' Park"
- "Jewel in the Cascades"
- "Where Else Can You Swim in a Volcano?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Crater Lake National Park
- Hotels in Crater Lake National Park
- Transportation in Crater Lake National Park
- Nightlife in Crater Lake National Park
- Restaurants in Crater Lake National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Crater Lake National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sant'Alessio Siculo Hotels
- Murmanskaya Oblast' Hotels
- Big Sky Mountain Village Hotels
- Lamoine Beach Hotels
Badges & Stats in Crater Lake National Park
- 13 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (86)
Have you been to Crater Lake National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Crater Lake National Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Most visited travel pages."
- updated a Crater Lake National Park Travel Page "Crater Lake is Oregon's 'National' Park"
- Commented on one of Hopkid's Crater Lake National Park travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS"
- Wrote a Review DON'T FEED THE ANIMALS in Crater Lake National Park Warnings and Dangers
Photos in Crater Lake National ParkSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park Intro, 61 reviews, 205 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg National Military Park Intro, 52 reviews, 205 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oregon Intro, 67 reviews, 168 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 63 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 43 reviews, 145 photos
- Turkey Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pennsylvania Intro, 34 reviews, 122 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 56 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (62)
Latest Crater Lake National Park hotel reviews
- Crater Lake Lodge
- 435 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013