"AUBURN - ANTISLAVERY CENTER IN THE FINGER LAKES" Auburn by mtncorg
Auburn Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 62 photos
Auburn is a nice small town lying just north of Lake Owasco in the northeastern edge of the Finger Lakes. It is a town that boasts of several former residents whose homes you can tour and graves you can find. The town has a stretch of glorious homes you can walk or drive past. The one site you can’t tour anymore which used to bring lots of visitors to the town is the Auburn Prison. This prison has provided for a lot of jobs for the town over the years and was a popular tourist stop in the 19th century. The high walls are off limits to those who abide by the laws today, however. I don’t think that is a bad thing.
The most famous of Auburn’s residents both shared a long history in their involvement against slavery - William Seward and Harriet Tubman. It is to visit this two people’s history that makes a trip to Auburn exciting and rewarding.
Leon Frank Czolgsz was the 50th man to die in the electric chair in New York State. The electric chair had been... more travel advice
If you drive into Auburn from the south on NY 34, you are coming into town on South Street and it is hard not to be... more travel advice
mtncorg's Related Pages
Auburn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "AUBURN - ANTISLAVERY CENTER IN THE FINGER LAKES"
- "Basaic Auburn Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Auburn
- Hotels in Auburn
- Transportation in Auburn
- Nightlife in Auburn
- Restaurants in Auburn
- Warnings and Dangers in Auburn
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Auburn
- 6 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (86)
Have you been to Auburn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Auburn
Photos in AuburnSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park Intro, 61 reviews, 205 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg National Military Park Intro, 52 reviews, 205 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oregon Intro, 67 reviews, 168 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 63 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 43 reviews, 145 photos
- Turkey Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pennsylvania Intro, 34 reviews, 122 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 56 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos