"Grand Canyon is a lot of things to a lot of people" Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park by mtncorg
Grand Canyon National Park Travel Guide: 622 reviews and 1,621 photos
One of the true natural wonders of the world, the Grand Canyon is one of those places that many people put high on their lists of places to see at some point in their lives. At some of the turn outs along the South Rim, you might think that most of those people have decided to consummate their desires at the same time. A tour of the South Rim demonstrates most of the famous views that will be familiar to many. I have included some of these stops along this rim in the ‘Things to Do’ category.
The best way to experience the Canyon is from the Colorado River far below. This is a much more expensive option in both time and money from a quick visit to the South Rim, but the experience is so much more rewarding. Here, you can really begin to understand the Canyon, its natural and human history. To sit along the riverbank, walls towering all around, the first bat flitting above in the waning light of dusk is simply magic. ‘Off the Beaten Path’ tips take you to sites best reached from the River while the travelogues will take you downstream in a more flowing manner.
VT puts the North Rim of the Canyon in another category for some reason. Here you will find a lot less people and views that might be superior in some respects to those of the South Rim - you are another 1000 feet higher here. Remember, however, that to drive between the two rims you are looking at a five hour drive one way. Because of this, you might consider including the two rims on separate parts of your trip or as separate trips. Click on North Rim for more tips on this area.
- Pros:World class rafting, archaeology, nature
- Cons:Crowds along the South Rim
- In a nutshell:Go take a Hike! Better yet, go on a Float!
Well, they are all over on the other side - the South Rim - fighting for parking in the turnouts , of course. The North... more travel advice
Cactuses of many species all are waiting for you to try them out. These plants are the water conservation champions.... more travel advice
mtncorg's Related Pages
Grand Canyon National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grandest of Canyons"
- "Grand Canyon, Colorado River Rafting"
- "Getting to the Bottom of the Grand Canyon"
- "Grand Canyon is a lot of things to a lot of people"
- "A Walk Through Time"
- "Let's go rafting!!"
- "Grand Means Big and Deep Canyon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Canyon National Park
- Hotels in Grand Canyon National Park
- Transportation in Grand Canyon National Park
- Nightlife in Grand Canyon National Park
- Restaurants in Grand Canyon National Park
- Shopping in Grand Canyon National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Grand Canyon National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grand Canyon National Park
- 36 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (178)
Have you been to Grand Canyon National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Canyon National Park
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Apostrophes in photo captions"
- Commented on one of richiecdisc's Grand Canyon National Park travel pages
- updated a Grand Canyon National Park Travel Page "Grand Canyon is a lot of things to a lot of people"
- Wrote a Review NORTH RIM - WHERE ARE ALL OF THE PEOPLE? about Rim, North in Grand Canyon National Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "LAVA FALLS II"
Photos in Grand Canyon National ParkSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park Intro, 61 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg National Military Park Intro, 52 reviews, 205 photos
- Shiloh National Military Park Intro, 54 reviews, 191 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oregon Intro, 68 reviews, 172 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 62 reviews, 159 photos, 5 travelogues
- Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park Intro, 50 reviews, 163 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 43 reviews, 145 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 35 reviews, 146 photos
- Turkey Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue