"KOTOR - ADRIATIC HIGHLIGHT" Kotor by mtncorg
Kotor Travel Guide: 552 reviews and 1,292 photos
Nestled deep within fjord walls, Kotor - a UNESCO World Heritage Site - is one of the most magnificent sites found along the entire Adriatic. Not having the beaches of nearby Budva, the town doesn't have qutie the enormous throngs of tourists that besiege that town - simply too many for its own good. That said, Kotor is no stranger to tourism. The old city and surrounding areas swell during the summer season which at temperatures reaching 40 C can be most unpleasant. The heart of the town is the old Venetian town encircled by city walls, some of which extend high into the mountain above. A visit here should include the magnificent drive above to the legendary mausoleum atop Mount Lovčen, the spiritual heart of Montenegro, and beyond to the old royal capital of Cetinje.
mtncorg's Related Pages
Kotor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kotor and Europe's Deepest Fjord"
- "K O T O R"
- "Kotor Rebuilt"
- "The jewel of Montenegro"
- "WELCOME TO KOTOR!!!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kotor
- Hotels in Kotor
- Transportation in Kotor
- Nightlife in Kotor
- Restaurants in Kotor
- Shopping in Kotor
- Warnings and Dangers in Kotor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kotor
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (86)
Have you been to Kotor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kotor
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park Intro, 61 reviews, 205 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg National Military Park Intro, 52 reviews, 205 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oregon Intro, 67 reviews, 168 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 63 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 43 reviews, 145 photos
- Turkey Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pennsylvania Intro, 34 reviews, 122 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 56 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos