"A Place of True Vertical Dimensions" Top 5 Page for this destination Triglav Nacionalni Park by mtncorg
Triglav Nacionalni Park Travel Guide: 135 reviews and 413 photos
The Alps take up a good chunk of Slovenia. Triglav National Park encompasses the highest and some of the ‘best’ mountains found in the country. It is a park of superlatives that you need to walk to really discover properly. Triglav is the highest and on some summer weekends it can seem to be the goal for most of the nation as you pass endless groups of folks as they make their way slowly up the trails.
But the park is much more than Triglav. Gorgeous valleys and vertical mountains radiate in every direction. This is the eastern Alps at their best. Mountain huts up high, enable you to extend walks over days. Hidden away amidst the vertically-oriented splendor are remnants of times past when the mountains were a place of danger and death as the World Wars raged even here on the mountain tops. One of the most magnificent views in the entire range is from atop Krn Peak. From here you can see much of Slovenia - from Triglav to the Adriatic; the Dolomiti gleam far to the west across the verdant Fruilian plains. And as you gaze out you will notice the rusted barbed wire all around, beckoning back to the dark days of WWI. One of the more unique walks you can do is to take in both the tops of Krn Peak and its neighbor to the southeast, Batagonica.
For a great photojournal of some of the many peaks to discover in the Park, I recommend you visit the gallery which even though written in Polish will be self explanatory. Summitpost website is also a very nice place to discover more about the range and its peaks.
- Pros:A premier European alpine adventure. Dolomiti with less populi
- Cons:Not exactly undiscovered.
- In a nutshell:This is the Alps
Mountain huts can be found throughout the Park along most trails and beside most of the big peaks. They vary in size and... more travel advice
This is a large monument along the road side as the road to Predil Pass passes directly through the old Austrian fort... more travel advice
mtncorg's Related Pages
Triglav Nacionalni Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "VINTGAR GORGE"
- "Mighty Triglav"
- "Started in Ribcev Laz, on to Triglav"
- "A Place of True Vertical Dimensions"
- "Triglav National Park"
- "TRIGLAVIAN DREAMS"
- "Triglav National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Triglav Nacionalni Park
- Hotels in Triglav Nacionalni Park
- Transportation in Triglav Nacionalni Park
- Nightlife in Triglav Nacionalni Park
- Restaurants in Triglav Nacionalni Park
- Shopping in Triglav Nacionalni Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Triglav Nacionalni Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Triglav Nacionalni Park
- 12 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (86)
Have you been to Triglav Nacionalni Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Triglav Nacionalni Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Most visited travel pages."
- Uploaded a Photo to "VRSIC PASS"
- Commented on one of himalia11's Triglav Nacionalni Park travel pages
- updated a Triglav Nacionalni Park Travelogue "LUKNJA, through the keyhole of the Julians"
- Wrote a Review Fresh air and grand views in Triglav Nacionalni Park Hotels
Photos in Triglav Nacionalni ParkSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park Intro, 61 reviews, 205 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg National Military Park Intro, 52 reviews, 205 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oregon Intro, 67 reviews, 168 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 63 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 43 reviews, 145 photos
- Turkey Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pennsylvania Intro, 34 reviews, 122 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 56 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos