"NORTHWESTERN CORNER" Top 5 Page for this destination Washington State by mtncorg
Washington State Travel Guide: 8,077 reviews and 23,398 photos
Washington, like its two other Pacific brother states, is a land of great natural diversity. Rain forests hug the mountains in the west. The long fjords of the Puget Sound provide super opportunities of watery exploration of all types - both atop and beneath. The mountains, both in the Olympic Range and in the Cascades, are some of the nation's most rugged. Some of the volcanoes are among the most dramatic -from the awesome majesty of Mt Rainier to the drama of the volcanic events that transpired at Mt St Helens, now 30 years ago. Then there is the great drylands to the east with the rolling Palouse on the eastern fringe. There is diversity with a capital D. Add in some fine wines, apples, great food and the metro area of Seattle and you have a lot to see, do and taste. The State was first going to be named Columbia but people thought that there would be too much confusion with the river of the same name ... so they named it after Washington - not the City, but the man ;-]
- Pros:Nature, food, drink, and ferries
- Cons:I-5 and I-90 through Seattle; U of W Huskies
- In a nutshell:A State of Natural Wonder
The University of Washington is one of Washington's two pre-eminent public universities. It is found just north of... more travel advice
There are several waterfalls in the forested foothills of the Cascades east of Vancouver. For example, some 325 acres of... more travel advice
mtncorg's Related Pages
Washington State Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NORTHWESTERN CORNER"
- "America the Beautiful"
- "Washington State: Terrainius Maximus"
- "High Desert and Heavy Rain: depends on where"
- "WASHINGTON STATE"
- "marko727's new Washington Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Washington State
- Hotels in Washington State
- Transportation in Washington State
- Nightlife in Washington State
- Restaurants in Washington State
- Shopping in Washington State
- Warnings and Dangers in Washington State
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Washington State
- 196 Reviews
- 497 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (178)
Have you been to Washington State?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Washington State
- updated a Washington State Travelogue "LOWER LEWIS FALLS - A HIDDEN GEM"
- Wrote a Review CHERRY BLOSSOMS AT UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON in Washington State Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "CHERRY BLOSSOMS AT UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Apostrophes in photo captions"
- Uploaded a Video to Washington State
- Commented on one of aramat's Washington State travel pages
Photos in Washington StateSee All Photos (497)
Videos in Washington StateSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oregon Intro, 64 reviews, 244 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park Intro, 61 reviews, 239 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg National Military Park Intro, 52 reviews, 205 photos
- Shiloh National Military Park Intro, 54 reviews, 191 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 64 reviews, 177 photos, 6 travelogues
- Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park Intro, 50 reviews, 163 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 43 reviews, 145 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 35 reviews, 146 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Washington State Intro, 38 reviews, 133 photos, 3 travelogues