"Washington, the Northwestern Corner of the US" Top 5 Page for this destination Washington State by mtncorg
Washington State Travel Guide: 7,829 reviews and 21,909 photos
Washington, like its two other Pacific brother states, is a land of great natural diversity. Rain forests hug the mountains in the west. The long fjords of the Puget Sound provide super opportunities of watery exploration of all types - both atop and beneath. The mountains, both in the Olympic Range and in the Cascades, are some of the nation's most rugged. Some of the volcanoes are among the most dramatic -from the awesome majesty of Mt Rainier to the drama of the volcanic events that transpired at Mt St Helens, now 30 years ago. Then there is the great drylands to the east with the rolling Palouse on the eastern fringe. There is diversity with a capital D. Add in some fine wines, apples, great food and the metro area of Seattle and you have a lot to see, do and taste.
- Pros:Nature, food, drink, and ferries
- Cons:I-5 and I-90 through Seattle; U of W Huskies
- In a nutshell:A State of Natural Wonder
Walla Walla has gone through several changes since the town’s inception in 1858. A military town and a supply center for... more travel advice
About an hour to the north of Walla Walla is one of the most magnificent waterfalls of the Northwest. Palouse Falls –... more travel advice
mtncorg's Related Pages
Washington State Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Washington, the Northwestern Corner of the US"
- "America the Beautiful"
- "Washington State: Terrainius Maximus"
- "WASHINGTON STATE"
- "High Desert and Heavy Rain: depends on where"
- "marko727's new Washington Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Washington State
- Hotels in Washington State
- Transportation in Washington State
- Nightlife in Washington State
- Restaurants in Washington State
- Shopping in Washington State
- Warnings and Dangers in Washington State
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Washington State
- 173 Reviews
- 344 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (177)
Have you been to Washington State?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Washington State
- Wrote a Review WALLA WALLA WINERIES in Washington State Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "PALOUSE FALLS"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Most visited travel pages."
- updated a Washington State Travel Page "Washington, the Northwestern Corner of the US"
- Commented on one of aramat's Washington State travel pages
Photos in Washington StateSee All Photos (344)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park Intro, 61 reviews, 229 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg National Military Park Intro, 52 reviews, 205 photos
- Shiloh National Military Park Intro, 54 reviews, 191 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oregon Intro, 67 reviews, 168 photos, 6 travelogues
- Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park Intro, 50 reviews, 163 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 63 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 43 reviews, 145 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 35 reviews, 146 photos
- Turkey Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue