"Washington, the Northwestern Corner of the US" Top 5 Page for this destination Washington State by mtncorg

Washington State Travel Guide: 7,639 reviews and 20,889 photos

Washington, like its two other Pacific brother states, is a land of great natural diversity. Rain forests hug the mountains in the west. The long fjords of the Puget Sound provide super opportunities of watery exploration of all types - both atop and beneath. The mountains, both in the Olympic Range and in the Cascades, are some of the nation's most rugged. Some of the volcanoes are among the most dramatic -from the awesome majesty of Mt Rainier to the drama of the volcanic events that transpired at Mt St Helens, now 30 years ago. Then there is the great drylands to the east with the rolling Palouse on the eastern fringe. There is diversity with a capital D. Add in some fine wines, apples, great food and the metro area of Seattle and you have a lot to see, do and taste.

• Pros:Nature, food, drink, and ferries
  • Cons:I-5 and I-90 through Seattle; U of W Huskies
  • In a nutshell:A State of Natural Wonder
  • Intro Updated Jul 13, 2007

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Tried to get to California Ave viewpoint, but wound up on Ferry ave instead. Hope to re-write Rainbow Falls soon, but need another visit to collect more photos. Both are on "next time" list.

• MoeB52's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2006 at 3:19 PM

Wow, Can't wait to move there .. Fanatstic pictures .. Moe

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2006 at 6:14 AM

I can't get enough of your fantastic mountain and waterfall photos. Vivid descriptions, too. And to top it off, a fine new "Magic of Ferries" travelogue. I never knew huckleberries were so much harder and slower to pick than blueberries.

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2006 at 8:14 PM

The Enchantments look so beautiful, I can't believed I missed them! Now I definitely have to go back to Washington State again...

• catalysta's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2005 at 9:02 AM

Wash your mouth out with soap, Mark! Golf resorts on Lummi, UGH!!!!!!

• Apr 22, 2005 at 10:05 AM

Hey, since when are Huskies a "con" ?! Hahaha.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2004 at 4:12 AM

Just when I was starting to feel good about my photgraphy again I had to go and look at your pages. Bugger!

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2004 at 4:56 PM

Wow what an astonishinly beautiful state Washington is. I was last there about 30 years ago and now I think that I should go back.

• ophiru's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2004 at 9:20 AM

Amazing photos and good tips - i am getting new idead for my next trip.

• wanderingbtrfly's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2004 at 11:03 AM

Great WA page!! I love your pictures! It's good to know another Des Moines original! (There are so few of us, ya know?) :)

mtncorg

“live to learn; learn to live”

Badges & Stats in Washington State

Have you been to Washington State?