"WINTERTON Berg Central" Winterton by mtncorg
Winterton Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 27 photos
A local farming community along highway N74 - much like its neighbor, Bergville several miles farther on - Winterton is where you turn off towards the Drakensberg destinations of Cathedral Peak or Monk’s Cowl/Champagne Valley. To the opposite direction, the Anglo-Boer battlefields along the Thukela River lie (Spion Kop, Colenso, etc) as does the Spion Kop Natural Reserve (giraffes, antelopes, etc).
Here is the site of one of South Africa’s best known khown, the Cathedral Peak Hotel which was founded in 1938 by Albert... more travel advice
The Zulu name for Cathkin Peak is Mdedelelo or ‘the Bully’ which Cathkin resembles, a big huge free-standing peak rising... more travel advice
mtncorg's Related Pages
Winterton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heart of the Drakensberg"
- "Central Drakensburg"
- "WINTERTON Berg Central"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Winterton
- Hotels in Winterton
- Nightlife in Winterton
- Restaurants in Winterton
- Warnings and Dangers in Winterton
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Winterton
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (86)
Have you been to Winterton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Winterton
Photos in WintertonSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park Intro, 61 reviews, 205 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gettysburg National Military Park Intro, 52 reviews, 205 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oregon Intro, 67 reviews, 168 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portland Intro, 63 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 39 reviews, 152 photos, 2 travelogues
- France Intro, 43 reviews, 145 photos
- Turkey Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pennsylvania Intro, 34 reviews, 122 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 56 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 33 reviews, 99 photos