Botswana Restaurant Tips by pmarshuk Top 5 Page for this destination
Botswana Restaurants: 19 reviews and 29 photos
Not really a restuarant. But the camp staff laid on a wonderful brunch out in the bush to end our morning safari. In a trip wher great food is commonplace, the setting of these bush meals makes them outstanding. As an added extra we were given a greeting of a local song and dance by the staff, all under the shade of a huge baobob tree
Presumably the local predators are not used to having their food cooked so none seemed to be tempted to come and join us for lunch.
Is it a restaurant or is it nightlife.
Whatever it comes under having a gin and tonic sundowner out in the Delta is terrific. The guides have their regular spots to stop fior these - usually near a waterhole or river so you can watch and enjoy.
Address: Any waterhole or riverbank
After a morning's game viewing you come back to camp for a brunch like this. Because you are up really early for the first game drive and have been out having a great time you can build up a healthy appetite and need something pretty substantial to keep you going until 4:00pm when you have tea and cakes before the evening drive.
Photo courtesy of www.wilderness-safaris.co.za
Address: Jao Camp
Comparison: most expensive
More Reviews (38)
- See All Going for a stroll
- See All Acacia Trees
- See All View from my "tent"
- Around the campfire.
pmarshuk's Related Pages
Botswana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "FLAT, FRIENDLY & FUN"
- "Okavango - Jewel of Africa"
- "Far from the madding crowd"
- "Might this be Eden?"
- "Botswana 2004"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Botswana
- Hotels in Botswana
- Transportation in Botswana
- Nightlife in Botswana
- Restaurants in Botswana
- Shopping in Botswana
- Warnings and Dangers in Botswana
- See All...
Explore the World
- De Bijland Hotels
- Manado Hotels
- Paderne Hotels
- Saint George Island Hotels
Badges & Stats in Botswana
- 41 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Botswana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Botswana
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 69 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Botswana Intro, 41 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Angkor Wat Intro, 36 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 27 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Luxor Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 26 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 26 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Phnom Penh Intro, 30 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 21 photos
Top Botswana hotels