"A small gem" Hoi An by pmarshuk
Hoi An Travel Guide: 808 reviews and 1,731 photos
I loved Hoi An despite the fact it rained almost all the time I was there. It is a small compact town where everything is in walking distance.
The rain was caused by a small typhoon which hit further down the coast, but it caused enough rain around Hoi An that the Thu Bon River overflowed and flooded.
The whole town has been designated as a UNESCO world Heritage Site and it is easy to see why as you walk around it.
The streets in the old town are very narrow and usually busy with lots of pedestrians, moto cyclists and bicyclists. The... more travel advice
The first bridge was built on this site in 1593. I don't know when the current bridge was built but a lot of renovation... more travel advice
pmarshuk's Related Pages
Hoi An Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On the Embodiment of Vietnam: Hoi An"
- "Hoi An 22/3/08 to 25/3/08"
- "A charming piece of History"
- "UNESCO HERITAGE Site..a Vietnamese HIGHLIGHT..."
- "The old town of Hoi An"
- "A living museum - Hoi An, Central Vietnam"
- "Vietnam's Living Museum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hoi An
- Hotels in Hoi An
- Transportation in Hoi An
- Nightlife in Hoi An
- Restaurants in Hoi An
- Shopping in Hoi An
- Warnings and Dangers in Hoi An
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hoi An
- 9 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Hoi An?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hoi An
Photos in Hoi AnSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 69 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Botswana Intro, 41 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Angkor Wat Intro, 36 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 27 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Luxor Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 26 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 26 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Phnom Penh Intro, 30 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 21 photos