"Old Capital" Hue by pmarshuk
Hue Travel Guide: 621 reviews and 1,726 photos
Originally a citadel city named Phu Xuan was built in 1687 5 kilometres northeast of the presentday city of Hue and in 1744 this became the capital of the southern part of Vietnam.
Hue was the siote of some bloody battles in the 1968 "Tet Offensive" and for 25 days was held by the North Vietnamese army, during which time the Americans levelled large parts of the city with rockets and bombs in the campaign to retake it.
The tomb is is a short moto ride outside Hue. It was built between 1864 and 1867. See my travelogue for more. more travel advice
The old Citadel is still surrounded by its moat.Hue also has sveral canals one of which is Dong Ba which is home to many... more travel advice
pmarshuk's Related Pages
Hue Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "HUE & SURROUNDS ARE INTERESTING!"
- "the capital of the Nguyễn Lords"
- "The Vietnamese Imperial City"
- "Ancient Capital"
- "IMPERIAL HUE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hue
- Hotels in Hue
- Transportation in Hue
- Nightlife in Hue
- Restaurants in Hue
- Shopping in Hue
- Warnings and Dangers in Hue
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hue
- 6 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Hue?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hue
Photos in HueSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 69 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Botswana Intro, 41 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Angkor Wat Intro, 36 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 27 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Luxor Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 26 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 26 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Phnom Penh Intro, 30 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 21 photos