Bangkok Favorite Tips by pmarshuk
Bangkok Favorites: 613 reviews and 796 photos
Favorite thing: What nicer way to spend the time while waiting for my taxi to the airport than by going tenpin bowling with some new friends.
As a bonus this was the day England played Australia in the final of the rugby world cup and there was a TV right next to the lane we were using.
Favorite thing: We were told there is a law in Bangkok that bans fishing in the klongs up to 50 metres from any Wat, and because of this the fish congregate around the Wats. I believe that really it's due to the bread that tour guides sell to tourists to throw in the water at a Wat which attracts the fish.
Favorite thing: Here's a view from the Golden Mount looking down at the surrounding housing. As you can see there is a lot of space dedicated to living outdoors on the roofs.
Favorite thing: The River of Kings separates Bangkok from Thonburi. The river is in many places not really a river at all, especially around Bangkok. It was built as a canal to shorten the distance from Ayutthaya to the sea, by cutting across many bends in the river. The canal has now become the main channel of the Chao Phrya. The picture show a view up the river from the Taksin Pier.
Favorite thing: The housing alongside the klongs can vary from what looks like a wooden shack about to fall down to some very smart properties.
More Reviews (64)
- See All Grand President
- See All Nice Thai on Soi 11
- See All And now for something completely...
- See All Sanitized version of Chatachuk
- See All Traditional Thai Dancing
pmarshuk's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Links to Street Maps: Finding Your Way"
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Explore the World
- Muonio Hotels
- Tsuwano Hotels
- Ashland Hotels
- Berettyoujfalu Hotels
- Bowling Green
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 69 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 256 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Photos in BangkokSee All Photos (69)
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 69 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Botswana Intro, 41 reviews, 58 photos, 4 travelogues
- Angkor Wat Intro, 36 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 27 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- Luxor Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 26 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cape Town Intro, 26 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Phnom Penh Intro, 30 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 16 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 25 reviews, 21 photos
Latest Bangkok hotel reviews
- Villa Cha-Cha
- 129 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Cape House
- 270 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Jim's Lodge Bangkok
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 16, 2013
- City Lodge Sukhumvit 9
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2013
- 13 Coins Airport Grand Resort
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- BBB Inn
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 25, 2013
- Park Hotel Bangkok
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 17, 2013
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2013
- Airport Suite Bangkok
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 18, 2011
- The Eugenia Bangkok
- 116 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- The Imperial Tara Hotel
- 100 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Mercure Hotel Chonburi
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Viengtai Hotel
- 419 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Grand Palace - Wat Phra Kaew- 396 Reviews, 760 Photos
- Floating Market- 119 Reviews, 231 Photos
- Wat Arun - Temple of the Dawn- 154 Reviews, 297 Photos
- Wat Pho- 219 Reviews, 450 Photos
- Chatuchak Weekend Market- 105 Reviews, 157 Photos
- Traditional Thai massage- 48 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Chao Phraya River- 108 Reviews, 201 Photos
- Wat Traimit - Temple of the Golden Buddha- 63 Reviews, 123 Photos
- Ayuthaya - Old City- 50 Reviews, 112 Photos
- Baiyoke Tower- 27 Reviews, 79 Photos
See All Bangkok Things to Do