"Great Bardfield" Great Bardfield by allikat
Great Bardfield Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 8 photos
I used to spend a lot of time in this pretty village. My mum came from London as an evacuee child during the war, and the family stayed. My brother was married here, my nephews christened here, and several schoolfriends had their homes here. I have a real soft spot for Great Bardfield.
Surrounded by arable farmland, it is a typical Essex village. A cluster of old cottages around a small village green with a war memorial, an ancient church up on the hill, a pub and a shop. There is even a windmill. For some reason the tourists leave Gt Bardfield alone, which is maybe part of the villages charm. Gt Bardfield is generally quiet. It is one of the lesser-known gems in the area, and is definitely worth a visit.
The church of St Mary is an ancient one filled with history. It sits on a hill a little above the main village, with a... more travel advice
allikat's Related Pages
Great Bardfield Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Great Bardfield
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Great Bardfield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Great Bardfield
- Posted in Travel Queenstown Forum "Re: Milford Sound/LOTR in Winter"
- updated a Great Bardfield Travel Page "Great Bardfield"
- Commented on one of alucas's Great Bardfield travel pages
- Wrote a Review The Church of St Mary the Virgin in Great Bardfield Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Church of St Mary the Virgin"
Photos in Great BardfieldSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Essex Intro, 16 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 13 reviews, 70 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dunedin Intro, 15 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rotorua Intro, 19 reviews, 41 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coromandel Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Auckland Intro, 16 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arthur's Pass National Park Intro, 8 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tongariro National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lavenham Intro, 8 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Scotland Intro, 16 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue