"Variety is the spice of life." South America by J_P_B
South America Travel Guide: 53,477 reviews and 142,868 photos
South America was the starting point for our round the world trip. We were green and apprehensive due to hundreds of horror stories and constant worrying from our family. As it turned out, there was nothing to worry about. We did hear of people getting pick pocketed or having bags stolen, but the most danger you are likely to put yourself in is going on one of the buses around the Andes. Still, we travelled like that without any real issues and along the way saw some amazing things and met some incredibly friendly people. Whilst we haven't travelled the whole of South America, we did visit Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Argentina. Because of this, please keep in mind that my travel pages reflect the best of the things that we did in these countries alone.
- Pros:Fantastic array of things to do.
- Cons:Incredibly high levels of poverty :(
We only nipped into Argentina for the day - 8 hours there and 8 hours back from Puerto Natales in Chile, but worth every... more travel advice
Since I was a child, I have always been fascinated by the mystery of Easter Island. Although it is now solved, there is... more travel advice
J_P_B's Related Pages
South America Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "El Corazón Mirando Al Sur"
- "a great continent !"
- "PERU - BOLIVIA - CHILE"
- "Aqui tienen que ir, porque vale la pena !"
- "Jumping Around South America!"
- "You will need a lot more time than you think"
- "South America by luiggi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in South America
- Hotels in South America
- Transportation in South America
- Nightlife in South America
- Restaurants in South America
- Shopping in South America
- Warnings and Dangers in South America
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Badges & Stats in South America
- 21 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to South America?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South America
Top 10 Pages
- Birmingham Intro, 47 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 11 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos
- South America Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Mexico City Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Quito Intro, 5 reviews
- Moseley Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Puerto Natales Intro, 3 reviews
- Kaikoura 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Santiago Intro, 2 reviews