"Ancient or modern?" Nürnberg by Alex_71

Nürnberg Travel Guide: 883 reviews and 2,957 photos

What an emotion

Arrived for my first visit in Nurnberg i discovered a beautiful and amazing thing: people here is friendly!! I never found any other persons so friendly like in Nurmberg..they helped me with the direction for finding my hotel, they helped me with the bags, they stopped a tram for help me to arrive really close to the hotel...they were just great!!! Thank you Nurmebrg people...you all are in my hearth!!
This was my frist impression..then i saw the downtown, the medieval area and...breahtless!! Wow!! It seems to be in the medieval period..the houses, the pubs, the atmosphere..everything here remember the medieval period and it's just...unbelievable. It's like to be in a happy isle inside the cahotic world..it's like you are living in a dream or in some place that is not on this hearth.

just walking around

The best thing that you can do into the medieval area of Nurmberg is just walk around..withouth going somewhere in particular but just watching the buildings and feeling the atmosphere.
I can only imagine how beautiful it has to be here for Christmast!! But if u walk around, you can feel the atmosphere of medieval anyway..of an ancient town..and it's really amazing. It seems like the "house of the dolls"..beautiful!! There is a day a week in which there is the market in the main square..don't miss it, 'couse you can found lots of typical Nurmberg objects and food

Just medieval?

I admit that the medieval area is what impressed me most of all but..it's good to not forget that there is lots of other things to visit. There is the modern area of the city and the "Nazi" area.
Expecially the "Nazi" is good for historical memories: here there were the parades and there are the places in which the "Nazi" made their demonstrations of strong.
It's not a beautiful thing, i know, but i think it's very good to have memories of what happened into the history of human being. So don't stay just into the medieval area but move around.go to visit other areas of Nurmberg, even if it's not written in your tourist guide.

• Last visit to Nürnberg: Aug 2007
  • Intro Updated Nov 20, 2007

Badges & Stats in Nürnberg

Have you been to Nürnberg?

Latest Activity in Nürnberg