"The city where i live" Top 5 Page for this destination Montecatini Terme by Alex_71
Montecatini Terme Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 138 photos
Montecatini terme is a small(about21000)town in the middle between Pisa and Florence.It's a "liberty style" town,so you can see the liberty style of the beginning of the century.It's famous for the thermes,but not just for that.At the beginning of the century important persons like Giuseppe Verdi come here.It has been,and it'll ever be a touristic town...full of hotels.A great place where to stay for visiting all the Tuscany(about 30 min from florence,20 min from lucca,40 min from pisa).In the last years there are too many extra-european persons withouth permission to stay,so it gave troubles about criminality,but u can ever walk during the day in the garden"la pineta" or go to visit "il tettuccio".If someone likes horses riding there is "Sesana",where u can bet legally.
Montecatini in this period is the city where is performed "Miss Italia". The town is really shining and it's a pleasure to breath in the air the "magic" of this competition. The shops are opened also during the evenings and so all the pub..there are streed artisti and lots of fun around. I have seen the girls around many times and i have to admit...wow...Anyway wer are all happy to have so much beauty in town. Obiusvly it gives some "problems" for people that live downtown (like me..parking is impossible!). The finals (with 2just" 60 amazing girls remained) will be at Teatro Verdi (or on tv:-P)
The themres in Montecatini and around the city(expecially Grotta Giusti in Monsummano Terme)are the most important and attractive thing.Here you can relax so you can receive massages and make different therapies with thermal water.The water is good and well known from centuries:it's very used to drink it 'couse it helps the organism.Anyway in the thermes you can aslo only walk in the parks and relax,decideing if you want to receive a massage or make some other therapys.The buildings are all in Liberty style so you can also enjoy the architecture of the beggining of the century.Inside you can find photos of vips that come into the thermes across the years
The main reason for choose Montecatini Terme it's his strategical position. It's a town just in the middle of some of the most important city of Tuscany (like Florence, Pisa and Lucca), so from here in less then 1 hour you can go and visit this ancient and beautiful cities.
Another reason is the relax that the city can offer: you can go to SPA and relax..make massages, enjoy the thermal bathes..lots of different things but all of them are made just for one reason...relax and rest!
Last but not least the city: it can offer important buildings of Liberty period so it has an interesting architecture that you can visit. As in most of italy, here you can eat very well and try the "real" italian food (that is very different from the italian food you eat abroad..believe me)
So at the end of the story...why not come here?
Here it is a web page about Montecatini:
Feel free to leave a comment on my page or if you have time you can write an e-mail. Contact me if you need some help. I'm not sure if i can do something but at least i can try
Le Maschere is an ancient theatre in the main medieval square of Montecatini Alto and just for this reason you'd go and... more travel advice
The restaurant is in a very good and panoramic place, so the best thing is to go there during the summer when you can... more travel advice
Alex_71's Related Pages
Montecatini Terme Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Summer in Italy"
- "The city where i live"
- "Delightful Spa Town and Hill Vilage"
- "Montecatini Terme, renowned health spas"
- "Montecatini Terme: Relaxing and Fun"
- "Montecatini Terme and Montecatini Alto"
- "Montecatini Terme"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montecatini Terme
- Hotels in Montecatini Terme
- Transportation in Montecatini Terme
- Nightlife in Montecatini Terme
- Restaurants in Montecatini Terme
- Shopping in Montecatini Terme
- Warnings and Dangers in Montecatini Terme
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montecatini Terme
- 13 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Montecatini Terme?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montecatini Terme
- Posted in Travel Madrid Forum "Real Madrid-Cordoba football match"
- updated a Montecatini Terme Travel Page "The city where i live"
- Wrote a Review Different kind of Pizza in Montecatini Terme Restaurants
- Commented on one of geismom's Montecatini Terme travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Medieval town on the hill"
Photos in Montecatini TermeSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos
- Florence Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Dublin Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montecatini Terme Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Prague Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Ferrara Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Nürnberg Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos