"A beautiful little diamond" Portovenere by Alex_71
Portovenere Travel Guide: 144 reviews and 360 photos
It was my very first time in Portovenere. It's strange 'couse i live in Tuscany that is close to Liguria but i never went to visit Portovenere and the "Cinque Terre" until today.
Portovenere is a small village, but it's really a beautiful place to visit. First of all it's a place not so cahotic like the other villages of the Cinque Terre. You can walk into the ancient streets of the village or make a walk at the harbour watching at the boat, or go to visit the church or the castle.
There are many things to do but probably the best one is just arrive, park the car, and walk. Walk withouth an idea of where to go but just let the feet drive you. It's full of restaurants so you can eat and relax everywhere and there are many places where you can admire the harbour and the magnificent view of the bay.
Even if, during a trip in Italy, you have just 2-3 hours for staying here, i think you'd come. It's a place that it's not easy to forget for his beauty.
Once you are in Portovenere and if you stay there for some days, i suggest you to get the car (or the boat so you'll not have parking troubles as i had), and go around for the cinque terre.
There are 5 small villages (very similar) but really amazing to visit, and to walk in. You can see one of them from the uphill. Maybe (i went in autumn) you can also try to make a swim in every single village..i think it's cool.
Alex_71's Related Pages
Portovenere Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Portovenere - Our Favourite Place in all of Italy!"
- "Portovenere - The Jewel of Liguria"
- "In the Bay of Poets"
- "Portovenere e le Cinque Terre"
- "Under-rated a must see in Italy"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Portovenere
- Hotels in Portovenere
- Transportation in Portovenere
- Nightlife in Portovenere
- Restaurants in Portovenere
- Shopping in Portovenere
- Warnings and Dangers in Portovenere
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Portovenere
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Portovenere?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Portovenere
Photos in PortovenereSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos
- Florence Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Dublin Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montecatini Terme Intro, 13 reviews, 10 photos
- Prague Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos
- Sevilla Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Ferrara Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Nürnberg Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos