Arches National Park Transportation Tips by Ischyros
Arches National Park Transportation: 11 reviews and 11 photos
Arches has no public transportation system so you will need a car or a mountain bike and a lot of energy to see the sites. The main park road is 18 miles from Highway 191 to the Devil's Garden Campground. About 9 miles into the park, another paved road heads to the right about 2 and a half miles to the Windows section. Just over 2 miles beyond the Windows road is another paved road heading to the right that leads 2 and a half miles to the Delicate Arch viewpoint. Wolfe Ranch and the trailhead to the base of Delicate Arch are located just over a mile down the road before it crosses a wash. After a heavy rain the road may be impassable beyond this point. A little over 16 miles along the main park road a dirt road heads off to the left toward the Salt Valley and the remove Klondike Bluffs in the northwest reaches of the park. This road is usually passable by all vehicles except after heavy rains. About 8 miles in another road heads left to the Tower Arch trailhead and the Klondike Bluffs. Contining on the Salt Valley Road another mile and a half leads to a dirt parking area near the park boundary at the trailhead for Eagle Park and a road closed sign.
Type: Car/Motor Home
Arches is one of the most easily accessible national parks so it surprises me that it isn't more popular (granted I am rather thankful it isn't becasue I hate crowds). The entrance to the park is just a few miles north of the town of Moab in eastern Utah off U.S. highway 191. Moab has the amenities of about any American city of its size. It tries to claim it isn't a tourist city, but I disagree. It may have started as a small mining camp, but it's grown full of hotels, restuarants, and outdoor outfitters serving every brand of tourist imaginable. Grand Junction, CO is about 2 hours from Arches.
Type: Car/Motor Home
More Reviews (18)
Ischyros' Related Pages
Arches National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arches NP - Arches Sandstone Wonderland"
- "Finding the Angles at Arches"
- "Arches National Park"
- "Vistas around every bend..."
- "Amazing Arches"
- "ARCHES NATIONAL PARK - UTAH"
- "Desert Gem"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arches National Park
- Hotels in Arches National Park
- Transportation in Arches National Park
- Nightlife in Arches National Park
- Restaurants in Arches National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Arches National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arches National Park
- 20 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Arches National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arches National Park
- updated a Arches National Park Travel Page "Arches National Park"
- Posted in Travel Yosemite National Park Forum "Re: visiting the SF area in mid..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Broken Arch"
- Commented on one of zrim's Arches National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review Eagle Park in Arches National Park Off The Beaten Path
Photos in Arches National ParkSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Wayne Intro, 48 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 41 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Arches National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Aruba Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos
- Orlando Intro, 15 reviews, 4 photos
- Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Indiana Intro, 17 photos, 3 travelogues
- Canyonlands National Park Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Colorado Springs Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue