Erzgebirge Hotel Tips by german_eagle
Erzgebirge Hotels: 1 reviews and 1 photos
Me and my friends decided to splurge for a long weekend - and found this charming five star hotel. Prices are still reasonable for the quality. We paid 130 Euro per double room incl. breakfast buffet. Gourmet dinner with choices was 29 Euro.
The hotel is located high above the town Oberwiesenthal on a plateau at the southern slope of Mt. Fichtelberg. From here you have direct access to the xcountry tracks and almost direct access to the downhill ski runs.
Service and food were excellent, the views magical. I would stay here anytime again.
Unique Qualities: Views: simply magical, especially sunrise and sunset.
Nature experiences: One night we had a veritable storm - it was almost scaring, but finally a great experience.
Food: excellent, international cuisine, you can have a good 3-course standard dinner with choices (19 Euro) or the 5-course gourmet dinner with choices (29 Euro). We opted for the latter :-)
"relax centre": steambath, sauna etc. are nice after skiing.
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: High above Oberwiesenthal, isolated location on a sunny plateau in the mountains.
More Reviews (24)
- See All Schlettau with castle
- See All Erzgebirgsbahn
- See All "Zum Schlossberg" Wolkenstein
- See All Downhill skiing
german_eagle's Related Pages
Erzgebirge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Magical Erzgebirge (Ore Mountains)"
- "Welcome to the ORE MOUNTAINS (ERZGEBIRGE)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Erzgebirge
- Hotels in Erzgebirge
- Transportation in Erzgebirge
- Restaurants in Erzgebirge
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hotelwelt Kuebler Karlsruhe
- Best Western Hotel Melba
- Hotel Delcloy
- YHA Queenstown Central
- Dorisol Pousada Dos Vinhaticos
- Hotel Las Palmas
- Hotel Bebek
- Pousada de Juventude
- Les Aubuns Country Hotel Nimes
- Ecoplaya Beach Resort
- Royal Reef Hotel
- Red Star Hostel
- A Little Inn Too
Badges & Stats in Erzgebirge
- 25 Reviews
- 106 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Erzgebirge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Erzgebirge
- Posted in Travel Switzerland Forum "Re: Neuschwanstein Castle from..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Altenberg - Eastern Erzgebirge"
- updated a Erzgebirge Travel Page "Magical Erzgebirge (Ore Mountains)"
- Wrote a Review Schlettau with castle in Erzgebirge Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of Leipzig's Erzgebirge travel pages
Photos in ErzgebirgeSee All Photos (106)
Read real reviews about Erzgebirge Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 189 reviews, 826 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Görlitz Intro, 65 reviews, 281 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bautzen Intro, 57 reviews, 275 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 60 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pirna Intro, 50 reviews, 247 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zwickau Intro, 44 reviews, 237 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 213 photos
- Kamenz Intro, 36 reviews, 214 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basel Intro, 57 reviews, 189 photos, 10 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 48 reviews, 194 photos