Freiberg Shopping Tips by german_eagle
Freiberg Shopping: 2 reviews and 2 photos
I stumbled upon this place just because I watched out of the window while sitting at Cafe Hartmann and sipping my Caffe al Arab. It's right vis-a-vis! I went in and chatted with the owner for a while. He selects only the best coffee beans (also organic) and roasts them himself. You can buy them and take them home or you decide to have a coffee/espresso there - in the so called 'library' where newspapers are free to read and book shelves line the walls. The owner stated explicitly that the guests are welcome to read these books. I rummaged a bit and found some very interesting books ... now I only need to find the TIME to lounge there and read. LOL
What to buy: I bought Peru Organic coffee beans. 250 g for € 4.80 - yummy.
What to pay: 4-6 Euro per 250 g.
Address: Korngasse 3, 09599 Freiberg
Directions: southwestern corner of Obermarkt, in the small alley vis-a-vis Cafe Hartmann
Theme: Food and Drink
shop of Cafe Hartmann
There's a tip on the Cafe Hartmann in the "Restaurant" category. But their fancy cakes, pastries etc. are too delicious to eat them only when in Freiberg. Every time I am there I cannot resist to buy a bit more (usually too much, LOL) and take it home. It doesn't last long ...
I particularly love their Eierschecke which is different from the Dresdner Eierschecke (not better, just different, with a crust on top) and their Baumkuchen and butter cookies.
What to buy: Fancy cakes, truffes, chocolate, pralines, marchpane, (butter) cookies
- Baumkuchen (cylindrical cake built up of horizontal layers)
- Freiberger Eierschecke (cake)
- Original Freiberger Bauerhase (a recipe from the 13th century)
What to pay: a few Euros, not too expensive
Address: Petersstraße 1A, 09599 Freiberg
Directions: southwest corner of Obermarkt
Theme: Food and Drink
More Reviews (31)
- See All European Heritage Day
- See All Sightseeing in Optician shop
- See All Czech food in Freiberg
- See All Burial chapel and Prince Elector...
german_eagle's Related Pages
Freiberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Freiberg in Saxony"
- "My First Visit to Freiberg in 2008"
- "Freiberg / Saxony"
- "Freiberg, sachsen"
- "A Wombat in Snowy Freiberg"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Freiberg
- Hotels in Freiberg
- Transportation in Freiberg
- Nightlife in Freiberg
- Restaurants in Freiberg
- Shopping in Freiberg
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Freiberg
- 33 Reviews
- 120 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Freiberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Freiberg
Photos in FreibergSee All Photos (120)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 160 reviews, 684 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Görlitz Intro, 65 reviews, 281 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bautzen Intro, 56 reviews, 273 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 60 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pirna Intro, 50 reviews, 247 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zwickau Intro, 44 reviews, 237 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basel Intro, 57 reviews, 189 photos, 10 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 48 reviews, 194 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leipzig Intro, 64 reviews, 169 photos, 3 travelogues