"Hinterhermsdorf - Hintere Sächsische Schweiz" Hinterhermsdorf by german_eagle
Hinterhermsdorf Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 97 photos
Hinterhermsdorf is a picturesque small village in the hills southeast of Dresden called Sächsische Schweiz (Saxon Switzerland in English). It is located most remote in the "Back" part of Saxon Switzerland. The elevation of the village is approx. 370 m.
Hinterhermsdorf was founded in the early 13th century by 13 families of German settlers. At this time the area was part of Bohemia. In 1451 Hinterhermsdorf became German.
From the beginning on it was a farmers village. Agriculture and Forestry are are still the base of local economy today, along with (individual) tourism. Thanks to the remote location the village escaped mass tourism. It is a paradise for hikers, bikers and all lovers of pure nature (National Park!).
Hinterhermsdorf was able to preserve its rural charm. You find about 80 (mostly renovated) "Umgebindehäuser", a special sort of wooden houses, narrow cobbled alleys and small squares with fountains.
A worthwhile destination for a short hike ist Wachberg mountain (496 m) above the small village Saupsdorf (see Off the... more travel advice
There are many biking routes around Hinterhermsdorf. However, please note that it is a mountainuous area - it's not for... more travel advice
Written Oct 16, 2010
Impressions from hikes around Hinterhermsdorf
Written Oct 16, 2010
german_eagle's Related Pages
Hinterhermsdorf Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hinterhermsdorf - Hintere Sächsische Schweiz"
- Create a Hinterhermsdorf Travel Page
- Things to Do in Hinterhermsdorf
- Hotels in Hinterhermsdorf
- Transportation in Hinterhermsdorf
- Restaurants in Hinterhermsdorf
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hinterhermsdorf
- 19 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (90)
Have you been to Hinterhermsdorf?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hinterhermsdorf
Photos in HinterhermsdorfSee All Photos (97)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 194 reviews, 814 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Erfurt Intro, 71 reviews, 418 photos, 16 travelogues
- Bautzen Intro, 70 reviews, 347 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Görlitz Intro, 65 reviews, 281 photos, 5 travelogues
- Freiberg Intro, 53 reviews, 273 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Moritz Intro, 56 reviews, 268 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pirna Intro, 51 reviews, 256 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 60 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Altenberg Intro, 51 reviews, 236 photos
- Zwickau Intro, 44 reviews, 237 photos, 5 travelogues