"History and Business" Top 5 Page for this destination Hartford by german_eagle
Hartford Travel Guide: 163 reviews and 230 photos
Connecticut might not be on the list of most visitors for a first visit to the U. S. A. - they don't know what they miss! Our main reason for spending time in Connecticut was that we have friends there. They invited us to stay with them which we gratefully accepted. We had a great time in Connecticut exploring a bit of the state, not to mention the unique experience of staying with friends who are locals.
Since our friends live close to the state's capital city, Hartford, we saw mostly this region of Connecticut, did a day trip to the Berkshires in MA and did another day trip to visit other friends in the Litchfield hills. Can you say we were quite busy? LOL
Connecticut doesn't offer any spectacular scenery as the Western U.S., not even mountains like New Hampshire, but it is lovely. From seacoast to rolling hills, farmlands, beautiful forests, cute villages and small towns. Of course it was the perfect time to visit: fall. Not that the foliage was on peak yet, but still, the weather was very pleasant.
Hartford itself was quite a surprise. It is not too big (says one who had left New York the day before) with a population of 124,000. It has some very interesting sights to offer and we couldn't even see all that we wished to. I I learned that a lot of early U.S. history had happened in Connecticut.
The Bushnell is Hartford's major place for night entertainment like theatre plays, musicals, shows and such with about... more travel advice
Marquis de Lafayette was born at the castle of Chavagnac, in Auvergne, 6 Sept 1757 died in Paris 20 May 1834. He heard... more travel advice
german_eagle's Related Pages
Hartford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "History and Business"
- "Capital of the Constitution State"
- "Hartford - A Very Pleasant Destination!"
- "My 2nd Home"
- "There ARE things to do in Hartford!"
- "Passthrough City No More"
- "Connecticut's Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hartford
- Hotels in Hartford
- Transportation in Hartford
- Nightlife in Hartford
- Restaurants in Hartford
- Shopping in Hartford
- Warnings and Dangers in Hartford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hartford
- 21 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Hartford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hartford
Photos in HartfordSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 190 reviews, 831 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bautzen Intro, 59 reviews, 292 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Görlitz Intro, 65 reviews, 281 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 60 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pirna Intro, 50 reviews, 247 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zwickau Intro, 44 reviews, 237 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 213 photos
- Schloß Pillnitz Intro, 42 reviews, 213 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kamenz Intro, 36 reviews, 214 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basel Intro, 57 reviews, 189 photos, 10 travelogues