" Kurort Seiffen " Kurort Seiffen by german_eagle
Kurort Seiffen Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 126 photos
Kurort Seiffen is a small town, located in the Erzgebirge (Ore Mountains) close to the Czech border. It was first mentioned in 1324. Founded as a tin-mining worker's village Seiffen is today famous for its wooden toys, nutcrackers, smokers etc. - all sorts of Christmas figures. In 1849 when the mines were exhausted the people needed to look for new job opportunities. So the handmade production of wooden toys etc. which was a hobby before turned to become the source of regular income.
Right on the main strreet, vis-a-vis from the toy museum, is this place - a store for wooden items/toys on the ground... more travel advice
"Everything comes from the mining" goes the saying in the Erzgebirge mountains. That applies to Christmas/Advent... more travel advice
german_eagle's Related Pages
Kurort Seiffen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In Christmas Country"
- " Kurort Seiffen "
- "Christmasland visited in August"
- "A Wombat in Seiffen"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kurort Seiffen
- Transportation in Kurort Seiffen
- Restaurants in Kurort Seiffen
- Shopping in Kurort Seiffen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kurort Seiffen
- 11 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Kurort Seiffen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kurort Seiffen
Photos in Kurort SeiffenSee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 190 reviews, 831 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bautzen Intro, 59 reviews, 292 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Görlitz Intro, 65 reviews, 281 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 60 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pirna Intro, 50 reviews, 247 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zwickau Intro, 44 reviews, 237 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 213 photos
- Schloß Pillnitz Intro, 42 reviews, 213 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kamenz Intro, 36 reviews, 214 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basel Intro, 57 reviews, 189 photos, 10 travelogues