Basel Hotel Tips by german_eagle Top 5 Page for this destination
Basel Hotels: 3,822 reviews and 51 photos
The hotel occupies three old townhouses that are connected by a passageway - thus stairs not to avoid, the elevator doesn't go everywhere. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Internet access free (computer and WLAN).
My single room had a decent size and looked like renovated recently. The bathroom was a sort of built-in box, thus not large, but it was ok. Everything was spotless clean.
The dining room had a nice ambience. Large enough tables, not crowded, tablecloth. Breakfast buffet was ok. Bircher muesli, fruits, eggs in three variations, two sorts of juice. Four choices of meat, two of cheese (a bit disappointing for Switzerland), bread, rolls and croissants were very good. Tea was disappointing (Lipton tea bags).
The rate was 130 Sfr. per night incl. breakfast plus 3.95 tax for Mobility ticket (free use of public transportation). It sounds (and *is*) expensive, I know, but it was the best I could get in Basel that was not a dump.
Unique Qualities: The location is simply perfect - in the old town, next to St. Peter church, Market square and tram/bus stop only a short walk away.
Address: Petersgraben 23, Basel, Basel, 4051, Switzerland
Comparison: less expensive than average
More Reviews (56)
- See All Toy-, Village- and Viticulture Museum...
- See All Excursions: Riehen
- See All St. Johann Vorstadt
- See All Berri-Mailbox
german_eagle's Related Pages
Basel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basel - Switzerland's Gate to the world"
- "Basel - trinational"
- "Cycling and recycling in Basel"
- "BASEL CITY and RHEIN RIVER - SWITZERLAND"
- "Basel: Happy people live here"
- "Beautiful Basel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Basel
- Hotels in Basel
- Transportation in Basel
- Nightlife in Basel
- Restaurants in Basel
- Shopping in Basel
- Warnings and Dangers in Basel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Basel
- 57 Reviews
- 189 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Basel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Basel
- Posted in Travel Gruyères Forum "Re: Terrymkeeney@aol.com"
- updated a Basel Travel Page "Basel - Switzerland's Gate to the world"
- Wrote a Review Toy-, Village- and Viticulture Museum Riehen in Basel Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Excursions: Riehen"
- Commented on one of Nemorino's Basel travel pages
Read real reviews about Basel Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 190 reviews, 831 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bautzen Intro, 59 reviews, 292 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Görlitz Intro, 65 reviews, 281 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 60 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pirna Intro, 50 reviews, 247 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zwickau Intro, 44 reviews, 237 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 213 photos
- Schloß Pillnitz Intro, 42 reviews, 213 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kamenz Intro, 36 reviews, 214 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basel Intro, 57 reviews, 189 photos, 10 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (49)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Muenster Cathedral- 19 Reviews, 42 Photos
- Rathaus- 12 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Spalentor City Gate- 6 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Zoo- 10 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Walking- 3 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Tinguely Fountain- 6 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Kunstmuseum- 4 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Dreiländereck- 1 Reviews, 1 Photos
- Barfuesserplatz- 2 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Fondation Beyeler- 3 Reviews, 9 Photos
See All Basel Things to Do