Basel Hotel Tips by german_eagle Top 5 Page for this destination
Basel Hotels: 12,552 reviews and 55 photos
The hotel occupies three old townhouses that are connected by a passageway - thus stairs not to avoid, the elevator doesn't go everywhere. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Internet access free (computer and WLAN).
My single room had a decent size and looked like renovated recently. The bathroom was a sort of built-in box, thus not large, but it was ok. Everything was spotless clean.
The dining room had a nice ambience. Large enough tables, not crowded, tablecloth. Breakfast buffet was ok. Bircher muesli, fruits, eggs in three variations, two sorts of juice. Four choices of meat, two of cheese (a bit disappointing for Switzerland), bread, rolls and croissants were very good. Tea was disappointing (Lipton tea bags).
The rate was 130 Sfr. per night incl. breakfast plus 3.95 tax for Mobility ticket (free use of public transportation). It sounds (and *is*) expensive, I know, but it was the best I could get in Basel that was not a dump.
Unique Qualities: The location is simply perfect - in the old town, next to St. Peter church, Market square and tram/bus stop only a short walk away.
Address: Petersgraben 23, Basel, Basel, 4051, Switzerland
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
More Reviews (56)
- See All Toy-, Village- and Viticulture Museum...
- See All Excursions: Riehen
- See All St. Johann Vorstadt
- See All Berri-Mailbox
german_eagle's Related Pages
Basel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basel - Switzerland's Gate to the world"
- "Basel - trinational"
- "Cycling and recycling in Basel"
- "BASEL CITY and RHEIN RIVER - SWITZERLAND"
- "Basel: Happy people live here"
- "Beautiful Basel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Basel
- Hotels in Basel
- Transportation in Basel
- Nightlife in Basel
- Restaurants in Basel
- Shopping in Basel
- Warnings and Dangers in Basel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Basel
- 57 Reviews
- 189 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 34 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (93)
Have you been to Basel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Basel
- Posted in Travel Karlovy Vary Forum "Re: Karlovy Vary or Pesky Kumlov..."
- Commented on one of german_eagle's Basel travel pages
- updated a Basel Travel Page "Basel - Switzerland's Gate to the world"
- Wrote a Review Toy-, Village- and Viticulture Museum Riehen in Basel Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Excursions: Riehen"
Read real reviews about Basel Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 194 reviews, 814 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Erfurt Intro, 71 reviews, 418 photos, 16 travelogues
- Bautzen Intro, 70 reviews, 363 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Görlitz Intro, 65 reviews, 281 photos, 5 travelogues
- Freiberg Intro, 53 reviews, 273 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Moritz Intro, 56 reviews, 268 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pirna Intro, 51 reviews, 256 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 60 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Altenberg Intro, 52 reviews, 241 photos
- Zwickau Intro, 44 reviews, 237 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (60)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
- Muenster Cathedral- 20 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Rathaus- 15 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Zoo- 11 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Tinguely Fountain- 6 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Spalentor City Gate- 6 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Walking- 3 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Kunstmuseum- 5 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Dreiländereck- 1 Review, 1 Photo
- Historical Museum- 3 Reviews, 3 Photos
- Barfuesserplatz- 2 Reviews, 6 Photos
See All Basel Things to Do