"Kreuzlingen - a pleasant surprise" Kreuzlingen by german_eagle
Kreuzlingen Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 25 photos
Kreuzlingen is a small town (pop. 19,000) right on the Swiss-German border. Actually, it is the twin city of German Konstanz. The border is hardly present at all, what you realise, though, is the difference between the currencies - Swiss Franc vs. Euro. LOL
Kreuzlingen was founded more than 1000 years ago but has a pretty young, modern appearance - there's no medieval old town, small cobbled alleys, old townhouses like across the border in Konstanz. The reason is that Kreuzlingen has been destroyed a couple of times by the people of Konstanz, once in the the Swabian war 1499, another time in the 30-years war.
Nowadays Kreuzlingen is a green sort of garden city with neat more or less old houses along the streets, always with nice gardens. And gardens is the key word here - I enjoyed the publicly accessible gardens, especially along the lake tremendously.
Getting to/from Kreuzlingen is very easy. There are train stations in both Kreuzlingen and Konstanz (the neighbouring... more travel advice
I mentioned in the intro that Kreuzlingen is a green town - and it proves nowhere else as much as along the lakeshore... more travel advice
german_eagle's Related Pages
Kreuzlingen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kreuzlingen - a pleasant surprise"
- "border switzerland/germany"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kreuzlingen
- 5 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Kreuzlingen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kreuzlingen
Photos in KreuzlingenSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 196 reviews, 824 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Erfurt Intro, 71 reviews, 418 photos, 16 travelogues
- Bautzen Intro, 70 reviews, 363 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Görlitz Intro, 65 reviews, 281 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pirna Intro, 56 reviews, 279 photos, 5 travelogues
- Freiberg Intro, 53 reviews, 273 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Moritz Intro, 56 reviews, 268 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Schandau Intro, 48 reviews, 263 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 60 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Altenberg Intro, 52 reviews, 241 photos