"Kreuzlingen - a pleasant surprise" Kreuzlingen by german_eagle
Kreuzlingen Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 25 photos
Kreuzlingen is a small town (pop. 19,000) right on the Swiss-German border. Actually, it is the twin city of German Konstanz. The border is hardly present at all, what you realise, though, is the difference between the currencies - Swiss Franc vs. Euro. LOL
Kreuzlingen was founded more than 1000 years ago but has a pretty young, modern appearance - there's no medieval old town, small cobbled alleys, old townhouses like across the border in Konstanz. The reason is that Kreuzlingen has been destroyed a couple of times by the people of Konstanz, once in the the Swabian war 1499, another time in the 30-years war.
Nowadays Kreuzlingen is a green sort of garden city with neat more or less old houses along the streets, always with nice gardens. And gardens is the key word here - I enjoyed the publicly accessible gardens, especially along the lake tremendously.
Getting to/from Kreuzlingen is very easy. There are train stations in both Kreuzlingen and Konstanz (the neighbouring... more travel advice
I mentioned in the intro that Kreuzlingen is a green town - and it proves nowhere else as much as along the lakeshore... more travel advice
german_eagle's Related Pages
Kreuzlingen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kreuzlingen - a pleasant surprise"
- "border switzerland/germany"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kreuzlingen
- 5 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Kreuzlingen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kreuzlingen
Photos in KreuzlingenSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 190 reviews, 831 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bautzen Intro, 59 reviews, 292 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Görlitz Intro, 65 reviews, 281 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 60 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pirna Intro, 50 reviews, 247 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zwickau Intro, 44 reviews, 237 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 213 photos
- Schloß Pillnitz Intro, 42 reviews, 213 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kamenz Intro, 36 reviews, 214 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basel Intro, 57 reviews, 189 photos, 10 travelogues