Thun Transportation Tips by german_eagle Top 5 Page for this destination
Thun Transportation: 19 reviews and 34 photos
inside the bus
Public transportation in the area is sufficient as one might expect in Switzerland. Beside the trains and boats there are the buses. While the town itself is compact and very walkable (at least the places of interest for tourists) you might want to take the bus along the northern shore of Lake Thun to explore a bit.
The buses run between Interlaken-Ost railway station and Thun railway station. During the day they run every 30 minutes. Tickets are available at the ticket machines in the bus or from the driver, better even at the local tourist infos if you're in the small villages. And of course you can buy them in advance from ticket machines or at the train station in Thun/Interlaken. The Regional Pass Berner Oberland is valid here.
Other Contact: www.stibus.ch
Not to miss is a cruise on the lake. It is definitely the best way to get around and see the cosy villages, castles and mountains. But of course you can go by ferry from Interlaken, Spiez or somewhere else by the lake to get to Thun for your day trip.
More Reviews (12)
german_eagle's Related Pages
Thun Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "an old townwall, a castle & Fulehung, a lazy guy"
- "PRETTY THUN"
- ""Timeout" Beside the River Aare..."
- "THUN and ENVIRONS"
- "Thun - Gate of the Bernese Alps"
- "City of the Alps"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Thun
- Hotels in Thun
- Transportation in Thun
- Nightlife in Thun
- Restaurants in Thun
- Shopping in Thun
- Warnings and Dangers in Thun
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Thun
- 14 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Thun?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thun
Photos in ThunSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 189 reviews, 823 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Görlitz Intro, 65 reviews, 281 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bautzen Intro, 57 reviews, 275 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 60 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pirna Intro, 50 reviews, 247 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zwickau Intro, 44 reviews, 237 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 213 photos
- Kamenz Intro, 36 reviews, 214 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basel Intro, 57 reviews, 189 photos, 10 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 48 reviews, 194 photos