"Thun - Gate of the Bernese Alps" Top 5 Page for this destination Thun by german_eagle
Thun Travel Guide: 201 reviews and 770 photos
Thun is located right on the place where the Aare river leaves the Lake of Thun.
Originally a celtic founding (dunum = fortified hill) it has been a popular place for settling and travelling through thousands of years.
After a touristic boom in the 19th century it lost its function of a place for staying of tourists to the villages in the Alps. An advantage for the traveller in our times - it is less touristy and remained authentic Swiss athmosphere of the past.
Public transportation in the area is sufficient as one might expect in Switzerland. Beside the trains and boats there... more travel advice
Merligen is one of those villages on the northern shore of Lake Thun. It enjoys a sunny location with mild climate,... more travel advice
german_eagle's Related Pages
Thun Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "an old townwall, a castle & Fulehung, a lazy guy"
- "PRETTY THUN"
- ""Timeout" Beside the River Aare..."
- "THUN and ENVIRONS"
- "Thun - Gate of the Bernese Alps"
- "City of the Alps"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Thun
- Hotels in Thun
- Transportation in Thun
- Nightlife in Thun
- Restaurants in Thun
- Shopping in Thun
- Warnings and Dangers in Thun
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Thun
- 14 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (80)
Have you been to Thun?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Thun
Photos in ThunSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 192 reviews, 798 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bautzen Intro, 70 reviews, 345 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Görlitz Intro, 65 reviews, 281 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Moritz Intro, 56 reviews, 268 photos, 4 travelogues
- Freiberg Intro, 52 reviews, 268 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 60 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pirna Intro, 50 reviews, 248 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zwickau Intro, 44 reviews, 237 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 213 photos
- Kamenz Intro, 36 reviews, 214 photos, 7 travelogues