Leipzig Hotel Tips by german_eagle Top 5 Page for this destination

Leipzig Hotels: 1,814 reviews and 34 photos

The Westin Leipzig - Leipzig

The Westin Leipzig

The Westin Leipzig: Wannabe Luxury The Westin Leipzig Review

The Westin is located a bit north of the old town but it is only a five minutes walk there and also to the Central Railway Station (use entrance/exit West of the station building). Other hotels are more convenient, but I thought I'd give it a try. I enjoyed my stay in Leipzig and the hotel was pretty good - but not as good as expected (or as they promise).

I booked a single room in the Deluxe category for 84 Euro per night incl. breakfast through the German travel company "DERTOUR". Really a steal for a hotel of that category. My voucher said "Late Check Out until 3 pm if available" which worked out well. It also said "a 0.75 l bottle of mineral water per room and stay" which was only a 0.5 l bottle. Ok, no big deal but still ... When I arrived at noon the room was not ready yet, which is ok (though it is the first time this has happened to me in that hotel category) and the promised the room would be ready by 3 pm. Well, it was *not* ready when I returned to the hotel at 3 pm but upon insisting I they had another room for me. The room was relatively small, decor/furnishing was quite ugly (except the bathroom which was excellent) but it had all the stuff you need (and don't need). One thing that annoyed me was the door to the bathroom which was probably a relic from the old East German days and didn't close well.

Unique Qualities: The fitness area was very good, the pool area with sauna was ok. Breakfast buffet was excellent. I did not try one of their restaurants, so no comment on those. The lobby bar was a bustling place Friday night with a crowd of bankers that had a congress at the Westin. No free internet access and their prices for using the "business corner" or WLAN in the room were prohibitive.

I wouldn't say it is a bad hotel but I would expect more in that category. If I had not gotten such an excellent rate I'd regret staying there. I probably will not stay there again given the choice of hotels in Leipzig.

Address: Gerberstrasse 15, Leipzig, Saxony, 04105, Germany

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: a short walk northwest of the central railway station

Price: US$120-180

Theme: Hotel

Website: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1458&language=en_US

• Written Nov 15, 2009
My single room - Leipzig

My single room

Seaside Park Hotel Leipzig: First Class Park Hotel Seaside Leipzig Review

Main reason for picking this hotel was the very central location right across the street from the central railway station. The main sights in the old town are only a few minutes away. The building was damaged in WW2 but nicely restored. It does have charm (unlike the chain hotels). Service was excellent. I enjoyed relaxing in their hot tub and the sauna. Breakfast buffet is very good, served downstairs in the restaurant Steak Train, the bistro on the first floor and, if the hotel is fully booked, also on the lobby's gallery upstairs. Internet access is free, but I noticed once their computer was infected with viruses and trojans. Seems they cleaned it the other day, though.

My single room was located on the fifth floor and had a decent size. The view was nothing special. It was relatively quiet (I am a light sleeper) at night, given the central location. Shower and sink were integrated in the room, WC separate. The mattress could have been better ... too soft for my taste.

Unique Qualities: Very central location, charm, excellent service.

Address: Richard-Wagner-Str. 7, Leipzig 04109

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: Downtown, right vis-a-vis from the central railway station

Price: US$80-120

Theme: Hotel

Website: http://www.parkhotelleipzig.de

• Written Nov 15, 2008

Badges & Stats in Leipzig

Have you been to Leipzig?

Latest Activity in Leipzig

Visiting Leipzig?
Read real reviews about Leipzig Hotels!

Top 10 Leipzig Things to Do