" Schierke and the Harz mountains " Schierke by german_eagle
Schierke Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 10 photos
Schierke is a little village located in the highest regions of the Harz mountains at an altitude of about 650 m.
It's been a place for recreation for a long time. In times before the wall came down it was restricted area, because it was too close to the border to West Germany. The advantage of that is that Schierke never got overbuilt with many ugly apartment blocks like it happened to other holiday resorts. You will mostly find houses in traditional local style.
The village is surrounded by huge beautiful forests (National Park).
The mountains around Schierke reach up to 1143 m (Brocken). Even in winter the area offers plenty of things to do: cross-country skiing, hiking, ice-skating ... or just relax if you don't like sports.
Enjoy the page and don't forget to visit Schierke!
The Hotel Restaurant Stadel was built a couple of years ago. The rooms are equipped with shower/WC, TV, Telephone. The... more travel advice
german_eagle's Related Pages
Schierke Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Schierke
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Schierke?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schierke
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 190 reviews, 831 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bautzen Intro, 59 reviews, 292 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Görlitz Intro, 65 reviews, 281 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 60 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pirna Intro, 50 reviews, 247 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zwickau Intro, 44 reviews, 237 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 213 photos
- Schloß Pillnitz Intro, 42 reviews, 213 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kamenz Intro, 36 reviews, 214 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basel Intro, 57 reviews, 189 photos, 10 travelogues