"Strasbourg" Strasbourg by german_eagle

Strasbourg Travel Guide: 903 reviews and 2,686 photos

I took the chance of a 2-days stay in a small town vis-a-vis the border in Germany to pay Strasbourg a visit.

My general impression was that Strasbourg is a definite must see. Of course you have to share the city with lots of other tourists.

Somehow it combines French with German influences - a very appealing mix. Maybe the best of both countries?

• Pros:a city full of sights with excellent restaurants
  • Cons:crowds!
  • Last visit to Strasbourg: Sep 2003
  • Intro Written Sep 29, 2003

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2005 at 8:32 AM

Thank you for bringing back memories of Strasbourg. I just wish I had taken better photos and notes.

• Jun 3, 2005 at 1:49 PM

Great page and useful information.Congratulations:-))regards from Brazil!!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2005 at 1:24 AM

a lovely page and great pics bringing back great memories !

• ceswho's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2005 at 1:34 PM

I enjoyed my trip there 5 years ago, French Town with a German twist....time to reminise!

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2005 at 1:17 PM

Ingo, great "things to do" tips. They make me want to return to Strasbourg soon. Next time, I will also try to get reservations at that locals' restaurant. It must be good. And like you, the food is important to me too. Do not want to eat tourist food.

• ginalynne's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2005 at 1:09 AM

Great photos! I lived in Darmstadt as a child and my parents would take me with them to Strasbourg--your pictures help my aging memory!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2004 at 5:05 AM

Very useful and informative tips. I hope to be able to re-visit Strasbourg sometime this winter & see it without the crowds. -- Greetings from Frankfurt.

• rwlittle's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2004 at 1:57 PM

We enjoyed our visit here as well!

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2004 at 4:53 PM

Very well done page with great pictures of this charming city! Next time I'll have to check out that St. Pierre-le-jeune church, it sounds beautiful and I love organs.

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2004 at 8:28 AM

Nice Strasbourg page -excellent tips on how to get away from crowds. BTW, do you know the name of the Alsatian resto. to the right of the bench in your intro.pic? I can't recall the restaurant's name-thanks. Also enjoyed roasted chestnuts in that square!

Badges & Stats in Strasbourg

Have you been to Strasbourg?

Latest Activity in Strasbourg