Annaberg-Buchholz Nightlife Tips by german_eagle
Annaberg-Buchholz Nightlife: 2 reviews and 4 photos
Lobby bar Hotel Wilder Mann, my cocktail
Nightlife in Annaberg is mostly quiet and slow, at least from my experience. Don't know if there are any nightclubs, dancings and such (I guess there must be something like that somewhere) but I didn't miss them as the days were busy with sightseeing and I was quite tired in the evenings.
A good place for hanging out, having a drink and do some people watching proved to be the lobby bar of my hotel. The cocktail was pretty good, the company was also nice and ambience was good, too. A nuisance can be guests who *must* watch TV (very large screen), though. The other night, however, it was nice to join some folks who watched soccer there.
Dress Code: Casual. Don't dress up!
Directions: Hotel Wilder Mann, Market square
Theme: Eating and Drinking
It was quite a surprise to find out that Annaberg-Buchholz, a small town located up in the mountains, has a theatre where they perform plays, symphony concerts, ballet and even operas. I was sceptical about the quality at first. However, I reserved tickets for the premiere of an operetta gala with songs of Robert Stolz. Booking was absolutely easy - I called the box office (tel No. below) and they made the reservation not even asking for my credit card or so. They apparently trust the customer - how nice. You just have to pick up the tickets a half hour before the actual performance (or earlier).
So ... the theatre's interior is beautiful in the style of 1893 when it was built and opened. A renovation was done 1976-81, in the 1990s new annexes were built and another renovation followed.
The Rovert Stolz operetta gala was excellent. Musically it was very well done, moderation was very good, dancing and acting was also up to the task. One tenor was outstanding - a young Mexican guy with name Francisco Almanza who has a contract with a theatre in Paris but went to Annaberg for a year to learn the roles of Alvaro (Forza del Destino/Verdi) and Don Jose (Carmen/Bizet). I am sure we're going to hear more of him.
Dress Code: There is no strict dress code. Very unusual for me - I wore jeans. Blame the Christmas market in Annaberg which we visited right before the evening at the theatre. Locals dressed up a bit more.
Address: Buchholzer Strasse
Directions: south of the market square
Phone: 03733 1407131
More Reviews (27)
- See All City park with game reserve
- See All Catholic church of the Holy Cross
- See All Restaurant Zum Türmer
- See All (Street) Crossing Aid
german_eagle's Related Pages
Annaberg-Buchholz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Annaberg-Buchholz in the Ore Mountains"
- "A Wombat in Annaberg (and Buchholz)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Annaberg-Buchholz
- Hotels in Annaberg-Buchholz
- Transportation in Annaberg-Buchholz
- Nightlife in Annaberg-Buchholz
- Restaurants in Annaberg-Buchholz
- Shopping in Annaberg-Buchholz
- Warnings and Dangers in Annaberg-Buchholz
- See All...
Explore the World
- Erie Hotels
- Toulouse Hotels
- Al Lusayli Hotels
- Nettles Island Hotels
Badges & Stats in Annaberg-Buchholz
- 29 Reviews
- 107 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (30)
Have you been to Annaberg-Buchholz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Annaberg-Buchholz
- Posted in Travel Brienz Forum "Re: Best Place to stay"
- Commented on one of Kathrin_E's Annaberg-Buchholz travel pages
- Wrote a Review City park with game reserve in Annaberg-Buchholz Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "City park with game reserve"
- created a Annaberg-Buchholz Travelogue "Frohnauer Hammer - owners' house"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 160 reviews, 684 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Görlitz Intro, 65 reviews, 281 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bautzen Intro, 56 reviews, 273 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 60 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pirna Intro, 50 reviews, 247 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zwickau Intro, 44 reviews, 237 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 213 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basel Intro, 57 reviews, 189 photos, 10 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 48 reviews, 194 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leipzig Intro, 64 reviews, 169 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (42)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Annaberg-Buchholz hotel reviews
- Wilder Mann
- 1 Review & Opinion