Zwickau Hotel Tips by german_eagle
Zwickau Hotels: 37 reviews and 5 photos
This hotel is basically the only one for travelers that expect more than just a bed, shower and coffee in the morning in central Zwickau. It's a pretty good hotel but rates are higher than you might expect in a mid-size city. The reason is probably that it is mostly frequented by business folks (think Volkswagen!) and competition is rare.
Anyway, the single room was of good size, nicely furbished, had a large flat-screen TV, coffee/tea-making facility, was quietly located to the courtyard. Storage room for clothes could have been more. The bathroom was nice with a bathtub. No bathrobe (+3.60 Euro per day). The bed was a bit too soft for my taste (but that's subjective, of course).
Free W-LAN in the whole hotel. Free use of PC Internet station in the lobby. The 'mini gym' was a joke - forget it. Better do a run in the nearby Schwanenteichpark. Sauna looked ok, but I didn't use it. Rental bikes are free (very limited number, though).
Breakfast (American buffet style) was outstanding. Several sorts of bread, rolls, croissants. Many sorts of cut meat, cheese (also goat cheese), fish, freshly cut fruits. They cook eggs as you want them - sunny side up, with bacon, scrambled etc. and serve at your table. They also bring freshly squeezed orange juice. Not to forget cornflakes, müesli, yoghurt ... I *loved* it.
The service in the whole hotel was perfect. I have rarely experienced such helpful, friendly, competent staff.
Address: Klosterstrasse/Kornmarkt 9, Zwickau, Saxony, 08056, Germany
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: right in the old town, southern part
More Reviews (43)
- See All Higher Education - Schools and College
- See All Bicycle
- See All Monuments in Zwickau
german_eagle's Related Pages
Zwickau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Robert Schumann, cars and more"
- "Zwickau: Home to Trabant and Robert Schumann"
- "Spending an afternoon at the police station..."
- "Zwickau in Sachsen"
- "A Wombat in Zwickau"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zwickau
- Hotels in Zwickau
- Transportation in Zwickau
- Nightlife in Zwickau
- Restaurants in Zwickau
- Warnings and Dangers in Zwickau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zwickau
- 44 Reviews
- 237 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Zwickau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zwickau
- Posted in Travel Gruyères Forum "Re: Terrymkeeney@aol.com"
- Commented on one of Kathrin_E's Zwickau travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Zwickau-Planitz: Schloss, churches, park, cemetery"
- created a Zwickau Travelogue "Zwickau-Planitz: Schloss, churches, park, cemetery"
- Wrote a Review Higher Education - Schools and College in Zwickau Local Customs
Photos in ZwickauSee All Photos (237)
Read real reviews about Zwickau Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 190 reviews, 831 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bautzen Intro, 59 reviews, 292 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Görlitz Intro, 65 reviews, 281 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zürich Intro, 60 reviews, 243 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pirna Intro, 50 reviews, 247 photos, 5 travelogues
- Zwickau Intro, 44 reviews, 237 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 62 reviews, 213 photos
- Schloß Pillnitz Intro, 42 reviews, 213 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kamenz Intro, 36 reviews, 214 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Basel Intro, 57 reviews, 189 photos, 10 travelogues