North Cascades National Park Warnings Or Dangers Tips by goingsolo
North Cascades National Park Warnings and Dangers: 4 reviews and 4 photos
Most of the North Cascades is isolated wilderness. There are many opportunities to backpack to the middle of nowhere and experience the true wilderness away from highways and scenic overlooks. There are wolves and grizzlies in this area, so take precautions setting up camp and storing food. And if you see a grizzly, be sure to send me a photo.
The posted speed limits on highway 20 are lower than those on most highways in Washington. But that doesn't stop motorcyclists and other vehicles from driving this road at top speed. It seems to me such a waste to fly through this area and miss the scenery, but to each their own. Slower moving vehicle, which is often those traveling at the speed limit, must use the pullouts along the road to allow others to pass. It is illegal to "tow" 5 or more cars- have 5 or more cars or other vehicles lined up behind you wishing to travel at a faster speed.
More Reviews (40)
goingsolo's Related Pages
North Cascades National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ALPINIST'S WONDERLAND"
- "North Cascades National Park"
- "Basaic North Cascades National Park Page"
- "Cruising through the North Cascades"
- "North Cascades"
- "Breathtaking Mountains"
- "Pacific Northwest - Hiking Heaven!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in North Cascades National Park
- Hotels in North Cascades National Park
- Transportation in North Cascades National Park
- Restaurants in North Cascades National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in North Cascades National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pinczow Hotels
- Squaw Valley Hotels
- Gold Beach Hotels
- Asunción Hotels
- FYR of Macedonia
- Kruger National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Bhutan Warnings and Dangers
- Williamsburg Warnings and Dangers
- Ko Samet Warnings and Dangers
- Port-Vila Warnings and Dangers
- Gulmarg Warnings and Dangers
- Eritrea Warnings and Dangers
- Lock your car
- Ocala Warnings and Dangers
- Anjuna Warnings and Dangers
- Zakopane Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in North Cascades National Park
- 42 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to North Cascades National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in North Cascades National Park
- Posted in Travel Alaska Forum "Re: B&Bs in Anchorage"
- Wrote a Review Bears and wolves in North Cascades National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bears and wolves"
- updated a North Cascades National Park Travel Page "Cruising through the North Cascades"
- Commented on one of mtncorg's North Cascades National Park travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 133 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 96 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mount Rainier National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lone Pine Intro, 50 reviews, 80 photos
- Chicago Intro, 50 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zion National Park Intro, 51 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue