"Can You Keep A Secret?" Top 5 Page for this destination Capitol Reef National Park by goingsolo
Capitol Reef National Park Travel Guide: 199 reviews and 445 photos
Outside Magazine once referred to Capitol Reef as one of America's Top Eight Under Visited Parks. This gigantic fold in the Earth's crust- otherwise known as a National Park, receives about 750,000 visitors annually. Most of these folks explore the park in the summer months. While its not exactly crowded during its peak season, during October and November, the definite off-season, Capitol Reef is virtually deserted. If you visit on a dreary day in late November when a big snowstorm is threatening to strike at any moment, you'll see nary another soul.
If you visit, which you should, you'll see lush landscape, towering formations that appear as more dirt than rock and a 100 mile uplift of the Earth's crust known as the Waterpocket Fold.
This page is under construction until I finish my other pages from the last trip. I'm currently working my way through in chronological order and I'll get here soon. Feel free to check back if you don't mind photos with a few gray clouds in them.
- Pros:A scenic park unspolied by hordes of tourists
- Cons:A remote location prone to flash floods
- In a nutshell:Utah's off the beaten path gem!
Capitol Reef is a cornicopia of scenery. In addition to the Waterpocket Fold and the rugged miniature uplifts... more travel advice
Cohab Canyon is a hidden canyon which can be seen by hiking the trailhead from Fruita campground. It is rumored that the... more travel advice
goingsolo's Related Pages
Capitol Reef National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Capitol Reef Pie Companion"
- "An Eclectic Mix of Rock Formations"
- "The Big Wrinkle"
- "Can You Keep A Secret?"
- "Basaic Capitol Reef National Park Page"
- "Capitol Reef National Park"
- "A great lesser known park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Capitol Reef National Park
- Hotels in Capitol Reef National Park
- Transportation in Capitol Reef National Park
- Restaurants in Capitol Reef National Park
- Shopping in Capitol Reef National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Capitol Reef National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Capitol Reef National Park
- 27 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Capitol Reef National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Capitol Reef National Park
- Posted in Travel Alaska Forum "Re: B&Bs in Anchorage"
- Wrote a Review Red Cliffs in Capitol Reef National Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cohab Canyon"
- updated a Capitol Reef National Park Travel Page "Can You Keep A Secret?"
- Commented on one of sunnywong's Capitol Reef National Park travel pages
Photos in Capitol Reef National ParkSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 133 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 96 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mount Rainier National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lone Pine Intro, 50 reviews, 80 photos
- Chicago Intro, 50 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zion National Park Intro, 51 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue