Mount Hood Packing List Tips by goingsolo Top 5 Page for this destination
Mount Hood What to Pack: 2 reviews and 3 photos
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Be prepared for temperature variations. It may be sunny and warm one minute, but a couple of clouds and some wind can change the temperature drastically. Layering is always a good bet. Bring fleece and a down jacket, even in summer.
The photo below is my clothing for the 2 days of training and climbing. The guide service said to bring everything. I felt silly packing a down jacket while I was in Florida, but it came in handy on the summit.
Miscellaneous: Mountain Locator Units (MLU's) are highly recommended and have saved lives of unexpectedly stranded hikers and climbers. As of May, 2007, I do not think they are required, although they should be.
More Reviews (35)
goingsolo's Related Pages
Mount Hood Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oregons Tallest mountain"
- "Top of Oregon"
- "Oregon's Private Playground: Mount Hood"
- "Spectacular Backdrop to Portland"
- "Up on Mt. Hood."
- "Amazing Scenery!"
- "Another Whopping Great Mtn in the Pacific Nor'west"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Hood
- Hotels in Mount Hood
- Transportation in Mount Hood
- Nightlife in Mount Hood
- Restaurants in Mount Hood
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Hood
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mount Hood
- 36 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Mount Hood?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Hood
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 133 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 96 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mount Rainier National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lone Pine Intro, 50 reviews, 80 photos
- Chicago Intro, 50 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zion National Park Intro, 51 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (27)
Latest Mount Hood hotel reviews
- Timberline Lodge
- 259 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013