Mount Hood Restaurant Tips by goingsolo Top 5 Page for this destination
Mount Hood Restaurants: 6 reviews and 7 photos
The restaurant is located in Government Camp, a short drive from Mount Hood. It may have changed ownership as the name changed between 2006 and 2007. But the food remains the same- standard pub fare with a good selection of beer and wine.
I've sampled quite a bit of the menu during my Mount Hood forays. The burgers and pizza are very good and some of their entrees, particularly the steak and chicken, are pretty good as well. The prices are reasonable and the service is friendly. Definitely a thumbs up all around.
Address: 87450 East Government Camp Loop
Comparison: about average
Directions: Located off Hwy 26 on the west side of Government Camp Loop, next to the Mount Hood Inn.
I ate here during a visit to Mount Hood in July, 2001. The food was fantastic and the restaurant was pretty upscale. One of those white tablecloth and candlelight places which felt out of place in a rustic lodge, although its hard to complain about a dining room with a view of the sun setting over Mount Hood. But the dress is casual and the atmosphere pretty relaxed. There was an extensive wine list which is a good part of the reason why I don't remember more details about the food. Service was top notch and friendly as well.
Favorite Dish: According to my journal notes, rock shrimp blended with truffle oil was fantastic, smoked trout in raspberry sauce divine, ditto for tilapia with peanut chili sauce and the chocolate cake was to die for. By then, I'd apparently gone through a couple of glasses of wine and some port to go with dessert, so this review might be slightly skewed.
Address: Timberline Lodge
Comparison: more expensive than average
More Reviews (34)
goingsolo's Related Pages
Mount Hood Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Oregons Tallest mountain"
- "Top of Oregon"
- "Oregon's Private Playground: Mount Hood"
- "Spectacular Backdrop to Portland"
- "Up on Mt. Hood."
- "Amazing Scenery!"
- "Another Whopping Great Mtn in the Pacific Nor'west"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Hood
- Hotels in Mount Hood
- Transportation in Mount Hood
- Nightlife in Mount Hood
- Restaurants in Mount Hood
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Hood
- See All...
Explore the World
- Las Vegas Hotels
- Makati Hotels
- Subic Hotels
- Key West Hotels
- Washington D.C. Hotels
- Davao Hotels
- Karachi Hotels
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Hotels
- Paris Hotels
- Pengkalan Balak Hotels
- Bacolod City
- Addis Ababa Hotels
- Kuching Hotels
- Saskatoon Hotels
- Adyar Hotels
- Laoag City
- Beijing Hotels
- La Spezia
- Puerto Rico
Badges & Stats in Mount Hood
- 36 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Mount Hood?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Hood
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 133 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 96 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mount Rainier National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lone Pine Intro, 50 reviews, 80 photos
- Chicago Intro, 50 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zion National Park Intro, 51 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (27)
Latest Mount Hood hotel reviews
- Timberline Lodge
- 257 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013