Gleneden Beach Restaurant Tips by goingsolo
Gleneden Beach Restaurants: 3 reviews and 5 photos
This is a beautiful dining room which manages to be elegant and casual at the same time thanks to a combination of white tablecloths yet wood paneling, fine china but colorful carpeting and floor to ceiling windows which expose a tremendous view of the coast. The staff is friendly and eager to make recommendations on wine and food.
Dinner was fantastic. This is one of those places where each menu item comes with about 10 adjectives and sauces galore, so those of you who like to keep it simple may not like this place. Fresh oysters with smoked bacon, wontons and roasted pepper aioli is a good start. The oysters are raw and the aioli makes a great compliment in lieu of horseradish.
The main course I had was pan seared halibut with wild nettle pasta (I still don't know what that is but it was green and tasted like spinach) and roasted vegetables. The fish was fresh, fall off the fork tender and delicious. The menu is varied and includes duck, steak and pasta for those who do not like seafood.
For dessert, if you still have room, I'd recommend the creme brulee. It tasted of real vanilla and had a layer of caramel on top. Fantastically sweet, and it goes well with a glass of port.
Favorite Dish: The whole meal was great but the halibut was out of this world amazing.
Address: Westin Salishan Lodge, Gleneden Beach, OR
Comparison: more expensive than average
Theme: Pan-Asian and Pacific Rim
The Salishan's more casual restaurant, which still has great views and great food. There are no white tablecloths here and, instead you'll find more comfortable booths, a high beamed ceiling and an open view of the kitchen.
I came here twice for breakfast and ordered a sandwich from room service one night and enjoyed everything that I ate. The breakfast menu goes beyond the standard American a.m. staples: shrimp omelets, wheat germ pancakes and hazelnut yogurt are just some of the choices. There's standard breakfast fare as well. But the apple oat pancakes were pretty good.
Comparison: about average
goingsolo's Related Pages
Gleneden Beach Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Gleneden Beach
- Hotels in Gleneden Beach
- Restaurants in Gleneden Beach
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Gleneden Beach
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Gleneden Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gleneden Beach
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 133 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 96 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mount Rainier National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lone Pine Intro, 50 reviews, 80 photos
- Chicago Intro, 50 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zion National Park Intro, 51 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (27)
Latest Gleneden Beach hotel reviews
- Salishan Spa And Golf Resort
- 325 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013