Las Vegas Sports & Outdoors Tips by goingsolo Top 5 Page for this destination
Las Vegas Sports & Outdoors: 42 reviews and 53 photos
Indoor Rock Climbing
The Canyon Ranch Spa at the Venetian has an indoor rock climbing wall, which is a great place for beginners to give climbing a try. The rock wall is about 40 feet high and has a couple of routes, all of which are pretty basic. But I'd recommend it to anyone who always wanted to try rock climbing.
You are required to sign up for a lesson with an instructor to do this activity and there is, of course, a charge for that. But with the price of admission, you get access to the fitness center facilities for a day.
Equipment: All equipment is provided with the lesson. You need to wear comfortable clothing.
Address: 3355 Las Vegas Blvd.
Phone: 888 283 6423
Red Rock Canyon
Red Rock Canyon, which is about 30 minutes north of Las Vegas, is home to some great climbing routes. Because a number of these routes are beginner level, its a great place to learn to climb. Plus, Red Rock Canyon has some of the most beautiful scenery in the area, so its a great excursion for climbers and non climbers alike.
Equipment: American Alpine Guides offers rock climbing classes ranging from beginner to advanced. They will pick up from any hotel on the Strip as well.
Their # is 360 671 1505
Directions: To get to Red Rock Canyon, take 95 north to Charleston Blvd and follow the signs.
Vegas hosts many of the top boxing matches. There's always a large crowd in town when one of these events is going on.
Casino at Caesar's Palace
Ok, its not a sport, but it seems to be the favorite pastime of many that come to Vegas. Whether its pulling the handle of a slot machine, throwing the dice or even betting on sports, gambling is one of the big draws here.
More Reviews (129)
- See All Fantasy Market Buffet at the Palms
- See All Tangerine at Treasure Island
- See All Virtual motion sickness at the Luxor
- See All Excalibur Hotel Casino
- See All Lost City Museum and Ruins
- See All Pink Jeep Tours
goingsolo's Related Pages
Las Vegas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
- "A tourists view of Las Vegas"
- "las vegas"
- "Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
- "Viva Las Vegas"
- "Las Vegas: An Escape From Reality"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Hotels in Las Vegas
- Transportation in Las Vegas
- Nightlife in Las Vegas
- Restaurants in Las Vegas
- Shopping in Las Vegas
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Vegas
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bloomington Hotels
- Mordialloc Hotels
- Negeri Perak
- Port Elizabeth
- Klosters Serneus Hotels
- Province of Saskatchewan Hotels
- Charlotte Amalie
- Piltown Hotels
- Traverse City
- Framingham Hotels
Badges & Stats in Las Vegas
- 133 Reviews
- 156 Photos
- 28 Forum posts
- 52 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Vegas
Photos in Las VegasSee All Photos (156)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 133 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 96 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mount Rainier National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lone Pine Intro, 50 reviews, 80 photos
- Chicago Intro, 50 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zion National Park Intro, 51 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (27)
Latest Las Vegas hotel reviews
- Golden Gate Hotel and Casino
- 268 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Comfort Inn Las Vegas
- 122 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Bill's Gamblin' Hall & Saloon
- 1542 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- WorldMark Las Vegas-Boulevard
- 67 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Gold Coast Hotel and Casino
- 774 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Royal Resort
- 124 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Wild Wild West Gambling Hall and Hotel
- 258 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Sahara Westwood Hotel
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Worldmark Tropicana
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Las Vegas Marriott
- 181 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- The Carriage House
- 519 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Embassy Suites Hotel Convention Center Paradise Road Las Vegas
- 369 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Sin City Hostel
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 11, 2013
- Hyatt Place Las Vegas
- 176 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Four Seasons Las Vegas
- 1868 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Fremont Street Experience- 83 Reviews, 165 Photos
- Venetian Hotel - Casino- 139 Reviews, 306 Photos
- Mirage- 118 Reviews, 199 Photos
- Bellagio Fountains- 134 Reviews, 263 Photos
- MGM Grand- 62 Reviews, 109 Photos
- Caesar's Palace- 95 Reviews, 201 Photos
- Treasure Island Hotel - Casino- 58 Reviews, 110 Photos
- Lake Mead and Hoover Dam- 87 Reviews, 240 Photos
- Luxor- 74 Reviews, 136 Photos
- Stratosphere- 77 Reviews, 117 Photos
See All Las Vegas Things to Do