"Chimney Tops and Mountains' Edge" Top 5 Page for this destination Chimney Rock by goingsolo
Chimney Rock Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 86 photos
Chimney Rock park is located just outside of Asheville. The centerpiece of this park is the 300 plus foot chimney which can be reached via elevator or a grueling series of stairs. There are other trails leading to the falls and various points of interest and all offer great views of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the distance.
This is not a state run park and admission is quite steep. But its an interesting recreational opportunity and a way to explore from above and afar the beauty of the North Carolina mountains.
- Pros:Scenic park with lots of hiking opportunities.
- Cons:Expensive, hot and crowded in the summertime.
- In a nutshell:Worth visiting for its views
The cave is an interesting stopping point. Located at the base of the stairs leading to Chimney Rock, a short flight of... more travel advice
Contrary to what the sign said, this was one of the best views in the park. After reaching the Chimney, I climbed yet... more travel advice
goingsolo's Related Pages
Chimney Rock Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chimney Rock Park"
- "chimney rock north carolina"
- "Chimney Tops and Mountains' Edge"
- "Chimney Rock, NC"
- "Chimney Rock, North Carolina"
- "Rocks . . . Great Big Rocks!"
- "Chimney Rock (prepare to here banjo music )"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chimney Rock
- Hotels in Chimney Rock
- Transportation in Chimney Rock
- Restaurants in Chimney Rock
- Shopping in Chimney Rock
- Warnings and Dangers in Chimney Rock
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chimney Rock
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Chimney Rock?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chimney Rock
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 133 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 96 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mount Rainier National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lone Pine Intro, 50 reviews, 80 photos
- Chicago Intro, 50 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zion National Park Intro, 51 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue