"Hidden Lake, falls and Blood Mountain" Vogel State Park by goingsolo
Vogel State Park Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 30 photos
Vogel State Park is located about 10 miles south of Blairsville in North Georgia. A sign marks the turnoff from the highway leading to this local favorite. The park was created by the Civilian Conservation Corps and it is one of Georgia's oldest state parks. The Corps created the lake by erecting a dam in Wolf Creek. The lake is named for a Cherokee maiden who is buried nearby.
Lake Trahlyta is a picturesque spot for a picnic or a lazy outdoor afternoon. There are picnic tables, camping sites and even a mini golf course located on the park grounds. Boats are available for rent and there are hiking trails ranging from a stroll around the lake to a steep trek up Blood Mountain, shown in the distance.
I stopped at this park on a whim. It was one of those detours that usually amount to nothing, but, in this case, resulted in a very pleasant surprise. This is a beautiful park and one worth exploring. Feel free to browse around this page and have a look at the scenic hidden waterfall.
- Pros:Beautiful park with lots of recreational opportunities.
- Cons:Virtually unknown to outsiders (actually, that's not a bad thing).
- In a nutshell:A hidden gem.
The combination of a scenic park and cooler temperatures in the evenings due to the slightly higher elevation- a rarity... more travel advice
The Appalacian Trail crosses through the park at Blood Mountain. The trail begins at Springer Mountain in Amicalola... more travel advice
goingsolo's Related Pages
Vogel State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hidden Lake, falls and Blood Mountain"
- "Fran's Vogel State Park Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vogel State Park
- Hotels in Vogel State Park
- Transportation in Vogel State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Vogel State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vogel State Park
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (77)
Have you been to Vogel State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vogel State Park
Photos in Vogel State ParkSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 133 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 96 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mount Rainier National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lone Pine Intro, 50 reviews, 80 photos
- Chicago Intro, 50 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zion National Park Intro, 51 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue