"Georgia's Great Gorge" Tallulah Falls by goingsolo
Tallulah Falls Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 23 photos
Tallulah Falls is a tiny town located near the Georgia-North Carolina border. This small, friendly place is home to Georgia's version of the Grand Canyon. Tallulah Gorge is not nearly as large, impressive or popular as the Canyon, but it is still quite a sight. The gorge is about 1,000 feet deep and contains some pretty impressive falls.
I spent a bit of time hiking around and just below the surface of the gorge on an extremely hot and muggy late July day. The photos are not all that great as a heavy layer of smog covered the area due to a resulting heat wave. But neither the heat nor the smog could obscure the beauty of this unusual and scenic place. Feel free to browse this page and enjoy the view of the great gorge of the south.
- Pros:Unique landscape and easily accessible trails.
- Cons:Hot and humid in the summertime.
- In a nutshell:One of North Georgia's gems.
I'm actually terrified of heights, so I was shaking when I took this photo. The bridge is pretty steady though and... more travel advice
This isn't the best shot of the waterfall due to the smog, but its a pretty nice sight from this vantage point. You can... more travel advice
goingsolo's Related Pages
Tallulah Falls Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Georgia's Great Gorge"
- "Fran's Tallulah Falls Page"
- "Basaic Tallulah Falls Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tallulah Falls
- 12 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (78)
Have you been to Tallulah Falls?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tallulah Falls
Photos in Tallulah FallsSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 133 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 96 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mount Rainier National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lone Pine Intro, 50 reviews, 80 photos
- Chicago Intro, 50 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zion National Park Intro, 51 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue