"Mount Granite" Stone Mountain by goingsolo
Stone Mountain Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 47 photos
Stone Mountain is an 800 foot tall mountain of granite. It rises to a height of about 1,600 feet at its highest point, which, I suppose, is pretty impressive for granite. The mountain is the sight of an impressive carving of the "heroes" of the Confederacy as well as a park which has been designed around this attraction. I've put tips about Stone Mountain State Park on that page, and here I'll provide an overview of the mountain itself and pictures of the walk to the top .
- In a nutshell:A great place for a carving??
goingsolo's Related Pages
Stone Mountain Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Stone Mountain GA."
- "stone mountain georgia"
- "A Quick Trip to Stone Mountain"
- "lorigirl's new Stone Mountain Page"
- "Mount Granite"
- "mcharlton's new Stone Mountain Page"
- "LittleCanoe's Stone Mountain Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stone Mountain
- Hotels in Stone Mountain
- Restaurants in Stone Mountain
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stone Mountain
- 1 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Stone Mountain?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stone Mountain
- Posted in Travel Alaska Forum "Re: B&Bs in Anchorage"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Stone Mountain trail- Under construction"
- updated a Stone Mountain Travelogue "Stone Mountain trail- Under construction"
- Wrote a Review Hiking Stone mountain in Stone Mountain Favorites
- Commented on one of acemj's Stone Mountain travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 133 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 96 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mount Rainier National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lone Pine Intro, 50 reviews, 80 photos
- Chicago Intro, 50 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zion National Park Intro, 51 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue