"goingsolo's new Fort Lauderdale Page" Fort Lauderdale by goingsolo

Fort Lauderdale Travel Guide: 662 reviews and 1,395 photos

Ft. Lauderdale was once the spring break destination which got shut down by the police and the area's large population of older residents. It has attempted to revive itself, but in most people's opinions, it can't compare to Miami.

Fort Lauderdale is a more laid back alternative to Miami. The area around Las Olas Boulevard is filled with shops and restaurants and the Riverfront area has an attractive nightlife of its own. And, of course, Fort Lauderdale has its beaches as well.

I live here now, and I'm probably not the best person to show you the place. I've been in South Florida too long for it to have any newness to it and I see it without really seeing it. Sometimes, I envy the tourists who come here, during our brief but best season, because they seem to love it. But its always different when you are on vacation.

I'll do my best to give you some insight into the place I call home and, perhaps, show you a place or two that you won't find in a guidebook. Since you can find all the must see places better than I can, I stick to some of the local favorites.

• Pros:Beautful beachfront location
  • Cons:Away from the main South Florida attractions
  • In a nutshell:A great place for a more laid back vacation
  • Intro Updated Jun 12, 2007

• irishgalmtl's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2006 at 6:52 AM

Hya L, Looks like Sally O'Briens would be a great place for me...lol love your opening pic looks so worm as im in mid nov in canada cold...lol...Donna :)

• ohh_tbone's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2005 at 3:09 PM

Has the Hard Rock Casino gotten any better? Any roulette tables there yet? I'm lookin' to lose some coin!!

goingsolo Lives Here!

goingsolo

“"Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life."”

Badges & Stats in Fort Lauderdale

Have you been to Fort Lauderdale?

Latest Activity in Fort Lauderdale