"Grand Junction" Grand Junction by goingsolo
Grand Junction Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 164 photos
Grand Junction is located at the confluence of the Gunnison and Colorado rivers, which is how the town got its name. Located several hours west of Denver, Grand Junction has a population of about 100,000 people and is one of the larger towns in Colorado.
Despite its out of the way location, Grand Junction is a great city/town. Too small to be a big city and too big to be a small town, Grand Junction has the right amount of people to make it interesting and the right dose of friendliness to give it a small town feel. Grand Junction is also just a bit more than a stone's throw away from skiing, hiking and the plethora of outdoor activities that make Colorado so special.
Grand Junction is a good stopping point heading to or from southwest Colorado. The nearby Colorado National Monument is a relatively uncrowded place which contains sandstone canyons similar to those found in Utah. Just west of Grand Junction is an area known as the Grand Valley which extends into Utah and is the area where many dinosaur fossils and bones are found. Add a couple of state parks to the mix and you have an area worth spending a couple days' time.
- Pros:A large town in a good location
- Cons:Remote from Denver and the major cities and attractions
- In a nutshell:A great place for the off the beaten path traveler.
This place was recommended, although I can't recall by whom. Its a pretty popular restaurant and bar, which was a pretty... more travel advice
goingsolo's Related Pages
Grand Junction Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Town layout of the core"
- "Agricultural Town on the Upper Colorado River"
- "The Western Slope"
- "The Western Slope"
- "Grand Junction"
- "mmspooner's new Grand Junction Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Junction
- Hotels in Grand Junction
- Transportation in Grand Junction
- Nightlife in Grand Junction
- Restaurants in Grand Junction
- Shopping in Grand Junction
- Warnings and Dangers in Grand Junction
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grand Junction
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Grand Junction?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Junction
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 133 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 96 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mount Rainier National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lone Pine Intro, 50 reviews, 80 photos
- Chicago Intro, 50 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zion National Park Intro, 51 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (27)
Latest Grand Junction hotel reviews
- Hawthorn Grand Junction
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Americas Best Value Inn-Grand Junction
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Two Rivers Winery & Chateau
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 29, 2012
- Super 8 Motel - Grand Junction
- 87 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Motel 6 Grand Junction Colorado
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Clarion Inn Grand Junction
- 125 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Courtyard By Marriott Grand Junction
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Country Inns Of America
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Mesa Inn Grand Junction
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013