Crested Butte Off The Beaten Path Tips by goingsolo
Crested Butte Off The Beaten Path: 2 reviews and 0 photos
The mining town of Ruby, founded in the 1800s near Crested Butte, passed an ordinance which read "No lawyer shall be permitted to practice within the district." The penalty for violating this order was 50 lashes and banishment.
Crested Butte is home to the only functioning two story outhouse, located at the back of the masonic Hall (or now known as the Senior Center) At one time, there was a two story outhouse attached to the back of CB City Hall. However, when the Marshall's office was expanded around the rear of the building, part of the office was located under the second level of the outhouse. As a result, the outhouse was decommissioned.
More Reviews (14)
goingsolo's Related Pages
Crested Butte Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mountains and wildflowers"
- "Crested Butte 2005 Thanksgiving"
- "Rasta_Rob's Crested Butte Page"
- "eroberts's new Crested Butte Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Crested Butte
- Hotels in Crested Butte
- Restaurants in Crested Butte
- Warnings and Dangers in Crested Butte
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Crested Butte
- 16 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Crested Butte?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Crested Butte
Photos in Crested ButteSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 133 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 96 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mount Rainier National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lone Pine Intro, 50 reviews, 80 photos
- Chicago Intro, 50 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zion National Park Intro, 51 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue