"Sportsman's Paradise" Top 5 Page for this destination Boulder by goingsolo
Boulder Travel Guide: 242 reviews and 333 photos
Boulder is a scenic and laid back city nestled between the expanding metropolitan community of Denver and the inviting wilderness of Rocky Mountain National Park. It is known as a more free-spiritied and artsy community, especially in comparison to other small Western towns, which tend to be quite conservative. The city is ideally suited for recreational opportunities in the neighboring Indian Peaks Wilderness and on Flagstaff Mountain, the Flatirons or the Boulder Creek Path, all located within the city limits. Boulder's mountain and wilderness scenery and its friendly community make it a place well worth visiting.
In 1858, Chief Niwot of the Arapaho tribe intercepted a party of gold seekers at the mouth of Boulder Canyon and requested that the miners leave the land. The armed miners refused, and Chief Niwot is said to have placed a curse on Boulder- that anyone who sets eyes on Boulder will become so enamored that they will not want to leave, which will result in overpopulation of the area and subsequent destruction of its natural beauty.
Today, with a population of 95,000, some believe that this curse has been realized
- Pros:Small friendly town with lots of recreational opporunities
- Cons:Lacks city atmosphere of Denver to the south or the scenery of RMNP to the north
- In a nutshell:A great stopping place en route to Rocky Mountain National Park
The St. Vrain Glaciers are located in the Indian Peaks wilderness, a short drive west of Boulder. It is an eight mile... more travel advice
The Flatirons are a series of three rock formations located just outside of Boulder. This area is famous for rock... more travel advice
goingsolo's Related Pages
Boulder Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heaven on Earth!"
- "The Bold Beers of Boulder"
- "Sportsman's Paradise"
- "Boulder Colorado"
- "Boulder, Colorado"
- "Just passing through ......"
- "my home town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boulder
- Hotels in Boulder
- Transportation in Boulder
- Nightlife in Boulder
- Restaurants in Boulder
- Shopping in Boulder
- Warnings and Dangers in Boulder
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boulder
- 19 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Boulder?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boulder
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 133 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 96 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mount Rainier National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lone Pine Intro, 50 reviews, 80 photos
- Chicago Intro, 50 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zion National Park Intro, 51 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue