"Lake Tahoe Paradise" Tahoe Vista by goingsolo
Tahoe Vista Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 16 photos
The North Shore of Lake Tahoe contained all the beauty I expected to find in this area. The high rise construction of the South Side- to me an eyesore- was replaced by tiny towns, incredible views of the lake and the paradise I'd hoped to find.
We stayed in Tahoe Vista, a tiny area on a hill with commanding views of the magnificent lake. The winter of 2006-2007 began with unseasonably dry conditions, so much so that our long anticipated snowmobiling excursion was in jeopardy. Fortunately, a storm hit as we drove in and we awoke the next morning to pristine whiteness and a perfect day. The skiiers were disappointed and the trails were a bit bumpy, but little can detract from the beauty of this area.
Since most of the things to see and do are found in Tahoe City, I moved them over to that page. I also included separate tips from our jaunts over to Incline Village and Squaw Valley, two very worthwhile stops.
The four day trip was painfully short. We plan to return in March, 2007 for another long weekend, so stay tuned for more updates on a place, and an adventure, that captured my heart.
Early March brought us beautiful weather and lots of fresh powder. A good sized storm the week before dumped several inches, then exited gracefully, leaving blue skies and sunshine for our arrival.
We hiked, we sledded and we snowmobiled, yet again. I still haven't gotten the hang of the latter, but we found this most incredible spot along an isolated trail with a fabulous view of the lake.
We're still hoping to come back here in the summer, to hike the trails and tube along the river. It will be fun to leave the heavy clothes at home. But Tahoe in the wintertime will always have a special place in my heart.
- Pros:Incredible beauty and views unspoiled by skyscrapers
- Cons:Winter driving, and season prices, can be a pain in the neck
- In a nutshell:Paradise found
We managed to find yet another activity for Tahoe's fresh powder. This perfect spot was hidden behind a water tower and... more travel advice
There is little to see, do or eat in the tiny community that is Tahoe Vista. Fortunately, Tahoe City, still small and... more travel advice
goingsolo's Related Pages
Tahoe Vista Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Tahoe Vista
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (50)
Have you been to Tahoe Vista?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tahoe Vista
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 133 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 96 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mount Rainier National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lone Pine Intro, 50 reviews, 80 photos
- Chicago Intro, 50 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zion National Park Intro, 51 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue