"North Shore Splendour" Top 5 Page for this destination Tahoe City by goingsolo
Tahoe City Travel Guide: 127 reviews and 209 photos
Tahoe City is practically bustling in comparison to Tahoe Vista. That's not saying much, as this is still a really tiny area. But this tiny area is located on the edge of a spectacular natural wonder and is close to all the summer and winter activities that make Lake Tahoe a coveted vacation spot.
In Tahoe City, you'll find restaurants that boast great food and spectacular views of the lake, shops that entice you to purchase necessities for skiing, snowboarding and hiking and many of Tahoe's best destinations just a short and scenic drive away.
We stayed in nearby Tahoe Vista but Tahoe City was our basecamp of sorts. We always seemed to be coming or going, whether stopping for food or supplies or just passing through en route to the destination of the day.
We plan to return to this area for Labor Day 2007, so stay tuned for more updates as we explore Tahoe in the summer.
- Pros:Charming friendly town-like feel
- Cons:Little to do in the immediate vicinity
- In a nutshell:On the edge of everything worthwhile in Tahoe, including the lake!
Try this is you want to feel like a kid again, or if you still are one. The soft, powdery snow is perfect for making an... more travel advice
This place was highly touted by the locals and we were looking forward to it but ended up being somewhat disappointed.... more travel advice
goingsolo's Related Pages
Tahoe City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tahoe City, California"
- "Tahoe City"
- "North Shore Splendour"
- "Lake Tahoe: A Place for Summer and Winter Fun!"
- "North Shore Lake Tahoe- Under Construction- Check"
- "The mouth of Tahoe"
- "Lake Tahoe by a Family That Lives There"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tahoe City
- Hotels in Tahoe City
- Transportation in Tahoe City
- Nightlife in Tahoe City
- Restaurants in Tahoe City
- Shopping in Tahoe City
- Warnings and Dangers in Tahoe City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tahoe City
- 18 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (77)
Have you been to Tahoe City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tahoe City
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 133 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 96 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mount Rainier National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lone Pine Intro, 50 reviews, 80 photos
- Chicago Intro, 50 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zion National Park Intro, 51 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue