"Not Heavenly but close to it" Squaw Valley by goingsolo
Squaw Valley Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 20 photos
Squaw Valley is a great place for those who love places that have the feel of a ski town. The area became well know after being the site of the Winter Olympics. The rings still stand at the entrance to the ski lifts, reminding all visitors of Squaw's claim to fame.
Our visit to Squaw was brief and,sadly, didn't include any skiing. But we took a tour of the outdoor area with its shops and restaurants, watched skiiers and snowboarder enter and exit and stayed warm by the fire. There are many ski resorts in the Tahoe area, but, sadly, the snow was not cooperating this year. You can see the white top of the mountain in the photo, but all reports were that it was ice and not powder covering the summit. Very dissapointing for the skiiers.
Our visit was brief, so there's little to tell at this point. But we'll be back next month, so I'll keep this as a page in progress for the time being.
- Pros:Beautiful area with the feel of a small town ski resort
- Cons:Has the ski resort prices to match
- In a nutshell:Its Heavenly! Well, its not but you know what I mean!
goingsolo's Related Pages
Squaw Valley Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Skier's Paradise"
- "Not Heavenly but close to it"
- "Unofficial Squaw"
- "Mandatory fun"
- "POSTCARDS FROM RENO/SQUAW VALLEY/LAKE TAHOE"
- "Nothing Like Squaw Valley at Christmas Time"
- "Squaw Valley"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Squaw Valley
- Transportation in Squaw Valley
- Restaurants in Squaw Valley
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Squaw Valley
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Squaw Valley?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Squaw Valley
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 133 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 96 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mount Rainier National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lone Pine Intro, 50 reviews, 80 photos
- Chicago Intro, 50 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zion National Park Intro, 51 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue