"LA's Inland Empire" Ontario by goingsolo
Ontario Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 76 photos
Ontario, California is a rapidly growing suburb of Los Angeles. While no one would confuse this area with Canada, or even with LA, it is such an offshoot of the latter that it has been dubbed the "Inland Empire". Ontario is located about 50 miles west of LA and, which, in the California traffic sense, equates to well over an hour's drive even during a non-rush hour time. It is standard suburbia with a plethora of shopping malls, chain restaurants and the like.
Ordinarily, I wouldn't waste space on a suburb to which few people would travel, but LA's Inland Empire does have a few good and noteworthy points. It is a pleasant place to arrive in, with its own small and easily navigable airport which makes for a good alternative to the monstrosity otherwise known as LAX. Its also a good starting point for heading off to points west.
I spent very little time in Ontario, and, like most people who don't live here, the purpose of my visit was business. So I won't fill up this page with too much information, but I'll try to throw in a couple of tips that anyone visiting the area might find useful.
Mount Baldy is just a short drive from Ontario. This mountain of about 10,000 or so feet is somewhat popular for skiing... more travel advice
goingsolo's Related Pages
Ontario Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Ontario"
- "Welcome to Ontario, California!"
- "1.5 Days in Ontario"
- "Surely not Canada's Ontario..."
- "Sauble Beach on Lake Huron"
- "LA's Inland Empire"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ontario
- Hotels in Ontario
- Transportation in Ontario
- Nightlife in Ontario
- Restaurants in Ontario
- Shopping in Ontario
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ontario
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Ontario?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ontario
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Las Vegas Intro, 133 reviews, 156 photos, 5 travelogues
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 96 reviews, 104 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yosemite National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 95 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bryce Canyon National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mount Rainier National Park Intro, 66 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lone Pine Intro, 50 reviews, 80 photos
- Chicago Intro, 50 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sedona Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zion National Park Intro, 51 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue